Do you remember?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jul 28, 2021.

1. DanLee

DanLee Copper BB

When Kent Cartridge bought the Activ factory in Kearneysville, WV, the injection molds were shipped to Argentina and production resumed. The dove fields down there are littered with empty Activ hulls. I still have a few hundred empties as well as loaded shells.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

yes sir, like you I have several hundred brand new still in the package, 12 and 20 with the load data on the bag. I love these hulls. Never understood why they didn't catch on here in the U.S.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Do you have the wads also? I still got some.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Very good . Looforward to seeing some new old reloads and testing happening. They are great shell and awesome hulls for autos. No wonder they are used in Argentina.
  5. Ranger6

Yes my reloading room is a disaster, so need to clean it up. I seen them yesterday looking for something else, so I will dig them out and load a few. I will be sending off some more to be tested. Still waiting on the 16 paper results. I know my test guy is making me 410 brass that I can actually load with wads, so I can’t be to mad at him.
    Speaking of loads…… what’s up with the steel loads?
  6. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

We have loaded a handful so far for a play. Did a couple of patterns on paper and looked ok . The shot quality and size we have is bit small, isn’t ideal for what we wanted to do for the sporting fitacs long range stuff, but good enough for a try. Slit the wads with a box cutter . Dropped back a choke size gave the right pellet count %. No chokes peeled up or came flying out the end of the A400 which was a plus. Broke some skeet targets no problem. My buddy did all the mucking around loading so will get the particulars on what we ended up with.
    When things settle down after Xmas might get you to do some shopping around for some steel precision round no 6s
    The stuff we have isnt great quality.