Cross reference list/chart?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Bill Idaho, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

This is my first post after my introductory post, so be kind..................

As I mentioned in my intro post, I own about two and a half gaggle of A5s (15-20) - all Belgium. I looked around here on the forum, and did not see--a cross reference list of what parts will interchange- and more importantly- which parts will NOT interchange--- between a Remington Model 11, a Savage 720 and a Browning A5. (Would it be easier to list the parts that will fit rather than the ones that won't?)
    Is there an accurate list?

And whilst (I love using that word) I'm at it, since I am new here, am I to understand my personal high regard for Art's Gun Shop in Missouri as ground-zero for all things A5 is shared by y'all? I figure if anyone would know, it would be the very group of people that would need A5 work done---such as here.
    Thank you all.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Recoil and Action springs should interchange no problem. And I did fit a Model 11 Carrier Spring to a 1957 Sweet Sixteen. But it took a lot of fitting to work. And I know a guy that put Speed Load on his Remingtons, but once again, I don’t think the parts just dropped in.

Art’s videos helped me through my first tear down. And his shop has done some wonderful work for me. I’m fortunate to live just an hour away.

Oh, welcome to the forum!