CQB Weapon Strike/Reload Drill

Discussion in 'Tactical And Home Defense' started by Mudinyeri, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri .22LR

Here's a handgun drill I hope you will find valuable. It's a two-part drill. I recommend at least three repetitions on the first drill (nine total reps), and a few reloading repetitions, before moving on to the second drill.

You can also perform this drill coupled with any striking technique such as a barrel eye gouge or trigger guard to the bridge of the nose strike. Disabling, eyes and airways are always good techniques in CQB. When combined with the opportunity to gain time and reload ... they could be life-savers!

Barrel to Throat Strike

* Load empty magazine
    * Lock slide to the rear
    * Assume High Ready position
    * Ensure trigger finger is out of the trigger guard and indexed along the frame of the weapon
    * Rotate grip of weapon upward to the strong side and bring the barrel on line with the assailant’s throat
    * Move support hand behind shooting hand
    * Step forward with your strong-side foot and smash the barrel of the weapon into your assailant’s larynx
    * Step back holding weapon ready for another strike if necessary
    * If assailant is disabled, 360° Scan
    * Three drills at less than one yard

Fire to Barrel-to-Throat Strike to Reload and Fire

* Load two magazines with two rounds each
    * Insert one magazine in your weapon and the other in your spare magazine pouch
    * Step to the firing line
    * Draw and charge weapon
    * Recover to holster
    * Draw to High Ready position
    * Fire two rounds COM in rapid succession from High Ready, slide locks back
    * Ensure trigger finger is out of the trigger guard and indexed along the frame of the weapon
    * Rotate grip of weapon upward to the strong side and bring the barrel on line with the assailant’s throat
    * Move support hand behind shooting hand
    * Step forward with your strong-side foot and smash the barrel of the weapon into your assailant’s larynx
    * Step back, perform reload sequence and return to High Ready
    * Fire two rounds COM in rapid succession from High Ready
    * 360° Scan
    * Three drills at less than one yard

Just to be clear, when I say High Ready I'm talking about this position:

[​IMG]
  2. Rossignol

Rossignol .410

This firing position has pretty much been universally adopted by LE now hasnt it? Am I understanding that correctly?