Citori Skeet Set Grade VI opportunity

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by dv808, Jul 5, 2016.

1. dv808

dv808 Copper BB

Hi all...I have an opportunity to purchase a 4-barrel set (12g, 20g, 28g, .410) with 28" barrels that have fixed skeet chokes. The original owner said he bought the set in the 70's and it's supposedly in 90% condition.

I know the skeet chokes kind of limit what I can do regarding skeet, trap and hunting. I'm just wondering what would be a fair price for the set. I already have shotguns in all the sizes except 12g, including a '64 20g Superposed from my grandfather. I was originally buying ammo from the seller but he has changed his offer to buy his shotgun set and he'll throw in all his ammo and some reloading stuff for free.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I haven't found very many listings online for 4-barrel sets.

Thanks.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Do you have pictures...that would help set condition.
  3. dv808

dv808 Copper BB

No pictures yet. I haven't had a chance to take a look @the set myself. The 87yr old owner threw out an offer to me and I was wondering if it was worth it. His initial offer was $5k and he said he was flexible. The deal also includes at least 1000 rounds of both 28g & .410 plus a bunch of reloading supplies like hulls & primers. Plus, his idea of 90% could be worse or it could be mint.

To me the citori set doesn't seem that desirable compared to the superposed set. Maybe because it's still being made. I just wanted to make sure I am informed enough before making any offer. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
  4. dv808

dv808 Copper BB

Nevermind...no deal here. Seller flaked and withdrew his offer. He decided to gift his Grade VI along with a SKB 3-barrel set and a Citori 20g Field Grade. He kept pushing me for an offer before I even viewed the firearms. Weird set of events...

Thanks