Citori Golden Clays 410 skeet

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Pete F, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

Just picked up a golden clays skeet in 410. This would be an experts gun for skeet. I have a 1934 superposed 12ga and an Ithaca 600 in 20ga. Should I just try my best with the 410 for skeet? Any skeet shooters out there? Thanks. Pete F

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Hi Pete!
    I shoot both skeet and trap. While a .410 is not as common on the fields as a 12g, they can make a fine clay buster. One of the top shooters at my range shoots an over/under that has been tubed to a .410. It takes some practice, but you can get proficient with a small gauge shotgun. It takes the game to a whole new level. Post some pics when you get a chance... I would love to see them (especially the Superposed!).
  4. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

The first photo is not mine its a rifle im looking at. Anybody like sauer 202? Anyway my other question is this. I was told this is a 1934 and in 1936 a James trigger was installed, its supposed to select the barrel choice. Im sure it diminished the value it now being modified, but I have to tell you I am so pleased with this Superposed its so well balanced. I paid 1500, made payments for a long time. Anyone know what this might be worth with it being modified? Thank you very much for the tip about trap and skeet. I think I will start with this as I just love it. Taking pictures this close I realized its actually pretty nice grain wood. I dont care what anyone says, I think the superposed is best. All my friends tried this when throwing clays and we all got doubles. I was using a benelli m2 lefty, which was great but it jammed constantly and I couldnt hit the side of a barn w it. This was just 10 times better hands down. Traded the benelli for an ithica 600 20ga which is just a great one as well. I dont know where to find the serial number if that may help. Thanks for your guidance really appreciate it.

6. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

You got to shrink those pictures a little Pete... hard to look at that size !!

800 x 450 is a good size for this forum...
  8. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

Just finished paying off my Browning 410 skeet golden clays. Would like to learn more about her if anyone knows about these particular models, date of manufacture value etc.

9. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Just beautiful sir...
  11. Pete F

Pete F Copper BB

I think so too. I think 410s are underrated. Glad someone enjoys a quality browning! Peace