Choke markings for IM?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by kumpe, Feb 20, 2017.

1. kumpe

kumpe .410

Can anyone show me a picture of the choke markings for a barrel in improved modified for a Belgian Auto-5? I'm trying to help someone here in Sweden to decipher the markings on his 16 cal. Auto-5, and it seems more and more likely that he has a barrel in IM. The problem is that the majority of Auto-5 barrels on this side of the Atlantic have full chokes, and I haven't even seen one in anything else so I'm not even sure how the markings should look in real life, only in theory. Tried googling a picture but no luck. Can anyone help me?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Full is *
    Improved Modified is *-
    Modified is. **
    Improved Cylinder is. **-
    Skeet is. **$
    Cylinder is ***

So Kumpe, a Star and a Dash!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Rudolph...!!
  4. kumpe

kumpe .410

Yes, I know that it should be a star and a dash, but how it actually looks in real life is what I'm interested in. Sorry for being a bit unclear.
    The markings on the barrel that we are trying to figure out the choke for are kind of worn and hard to read, and we have found something that could be a star and a dash, but they're not distinct enough to be sure. That's why I would like to see a photo of what it looks like, but I can't find one anywhere... Thought maybe someone here could help.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sorry, Kumpe, but this is the only picture I've got at the moment. I think you'll need to go to the pattern board to find out how your friend's gun is choked.[​IMG]
    SHOOTER13 likes this.