Browning superposed model identifying

Discussion in 'Browning Superposed Shotgun' started by vasilis, Dec 8, 2014.

1. vasilis

vasilis Copper BB

Hello

I have an old superposed and I want to replace the forend because it is damaged.
    My problem is that I cannot specify the model of the gun.
    The only information I see on it is the leter "S" and that the gun is 12 gauge and has 3" chamber writen on the barel.
    The barels are */** choke and have 30" length.

Any help will be appriciated

Thanks
  2. Assuming you will send the gun off to a wood working gunsmith, you do not need to know the specifics of the gun. A new forearm must be fitted to the barrels, so the woodworker will have your gun and see everything he needs to see. You'll want to send the whole gun, so he can match the color and grain of the buttstock. I would plan for about $500 min and about 6 months. There are not many woodworkers, and they are busy and usually backed up. This type of repair takes time and patience.

If you tell me the serial number I can date the gun for you, plus or minus a year. Where do you see the letter "S"?
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum vasilis !!

Could you provide some pictures of the barrel markings...?
  4. vasilis

vasilis Copper BB

I provide you some pictures of the gun.You can see the damage on the forend (the two craks). The letter "S" as you can see its writen on the down barel.The serial number is 73J08824.
    I was wondering if I could find a new or a second hand ready forend part.
    Do you know something about that??

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      157.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      220.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      200.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      146 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      191.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      115.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Vasilis, what you have here is not a B25 Superposed, but the "Browning Liege", or B26. It was made in Belgium in 1973 as a lower cost alternative to the B25 Superposed, as costs begin to rise for the Superposed. It used new and different manufacturing techniques to simplify production time and cost, but was not liked by the Americans so Browning dropped it from production after a few years.

Your forearm does need to be replaced; make sure you find someone that can replace a "B26 Liege" forearm because a Superposed forearm will NOT fit. The barrels need to be shipped as well so the new wood can be fit to them.

Good Luck,