Browning Maxus

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Crowhunter, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Crowhunter

Crowhunter Copper BB

My local gunsmith tells me that the spring around the magazine tube frequently breaks on the earlier models. Have any of you guys had this problem. Sent back to Browning a month ago with no response yet.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey crow hunter, I bought my Maxus new about 3 yea ago and haven't had any issues with it. I have put prob about 2-3k rounds through it. It's a browning Maxus sporting edition.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!
  4. Crowhunter

Crowhunter Copper BB

I have searched the internet for maxus trigger problems and the company did have a problem with the 2009 production run trigger return springs being too weak. apparently they will replace the trigger mechanism if you contact them. I have not found out if the spring itself can be replaced without changing the entire mechanism. an issue called "trigger trapping" may cause the gun to refuse to shoot a second shell. Apparently if you totally release finger pressure on the trigger the gun will operate properly, but not everyone can train their reactions to do this successfully.
  5. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

That's good to hear! I just bought a new one, I should pick it up in a few days.

How do you feel about the trigger? Some folks say the Maxus needs a trigger job, others have no comment.

If it did have issues I'm hoping they've resolved it after three years.

Is your forearm loose? Some say they get loose and have a little play in them after awhile.
  6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Dallas, zero issues with my forearm. To be honest I feel it's my most reliable gun I own at the moment. I do agree on the trigger a little bit. I guess it depends on what you will be using it for. I was using it for skeet/trap about 150 rds a week, I feel a trigger job could have help me with the speed of the trigger. Now that I don't use it for skeet/trap anymore I think it does the job just fine.
  7. dowstough

dowstough Copper BB

I have a 3 year old maxus shotgun. Purchased new in 2010. Have never used it more than a dozen times,it has had one trigger/cycling problem after another. Sent for its 4th-yep 4x's, to the service center in Arnold ,Mo.
    The problems are always with cycling and the safety jamming. The gun is kept in immaculate condition. What irks me the most is when you google trigger/safety button problems their are a lot of Maxus owners with the same problems. I have a defective gun, very disappointing. I hope browning will acknowledge this defect and make it right for the owners. i love the feel of this gun but afraid the engineering wasn't up to browning standards.
  8. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

That's not good news. I sure hope mine is not a lemon.

I have read on some of the forums that the first year modem Maxus guns had more issues. Hopefully they have resolved the issues.
  9. dowstough

dowstough Copper BB

Re: Browning Maxus trigger problems

Yes, my gun might have been a 2009 model. If the cycling issues and trigger problems can be resolved i think this gun will be awesome. I own 2 beretta eurekas, 2 beretta extrema (a400),several SKG over/under, but i would rather shoot the Maxus. Now if they service center guys could just get it fixed!
  10. dowstough

dowstough Copper BB

Yes, my gun might have been a 2009 model. If the cycling issues and trigger problems can be resolved i think this gun will be awesome. I own 2 beretta eurekas, 2 beretta extrema (a400),several SKG over/under, but i would rather shoot the Maxus. Now if they service center guys could just get it fixed!
  11. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Is it still out for repair? Seems like they would replace it after 4 trips.
  12. sgwatkins

sgwatkins Copper BB

I feel as if I am having the same trigger problems. Please see my recent post on the sure cycle tube. Am I wasting my money on buying one? Or is it the trigger assembly? Has anyone sent their maxus back into Browning for repair or replacement?

SGw
  13. hudson

hudson .410

I bought a brand new maxus on the 1st, pulled the trigger one time and it wouldn't do crap after, turns out the reset spring on the top back was not installed or came off.i sent it back to them 3 days later and still no word

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Keep us in the loop on the repairs Hudson...
  15. hudson

hudson .410

Received it today with the new spring installed.She is ready to go now

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...time to stack 'em up !!
  17. hudson

hudson .410

I gotta wait till September and it's killin me

18. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Heard that...this is Pennsylvania's Migratory Game Bird Seasons...I'm in the South Zone / Atlantic Pop Zone

Ducks Seasons and Bag Limits:

South Zone:
    Ducks, sea ducks, coots and mergansers, Oct. 18-25, and Nov. 15-Jan. 15.

[​IMG]
    Total Duck Bag Limits: 6 daily, 18 in possession of any species, except for the following restrictions: daily limit may not include more than 4 mallards including 2 hen mallards, 2 scaup, 1 black duck, 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 1 canvasback, 2 pintails, 1 mottled duck, 1 fulvous whistling duck and 4 scoters. Possession limits are triple the daily limits.

Mergansers: 5 daily, 15 in possession (not more than 2 hooded mergansers daily, 6 hooded in possession).

Coots: 15 daily, 45 in possession.

Duck Zone Boundaries:
    South Zone -
    All of state not in the Lake Erie, Northwest and North Zones.

[​IMG]
    Canada Goose Seasons and Bag Limits
    This includes white-fronted geese. All of Pennsylvania will have a regular Canada goose season, however, season lengths and bag limits will vary by zone as follows:

ATLANTIC POPULATION ZONE (AP)

The season is Nov. 15-29 and Dec. 15-Jan. 26, with a 3-goose daily limit; 9-goose possession limit.

September Canada Goose: Sept. 1-25; 8 daily, 24 in possession
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  19. hudson

hudson .410

September here is our early teal season and our big duck season starts in the middle of November