Browning Maxus Shotgun Reviews

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I know I am super impressed with the TUF Cloth.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The TUF clothe really did do a awesome job on the browning. Definately is a keeper in my book.
  3. Billythekid

Here is a video of using the tuff cloth on my browning Maxus sporting.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kd3Y_mZ5dY[/youtube]
  4. Billythekid

Video of how I breakdown my browning Maxus sporting

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLj-riuZoxc[/youtube]
  5. Billythekid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJRwEHBHzE4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
  6. Billythekid

Here is a review of the Maxus Shotgun Sporting using only Universal shotshells:

Test:
    From the very beginning of looking for a quality autoloader, I have read many controversial articles about using Universal shotshells in autoloaders. The main concern that people had talked about were the inability for the autoloaders to eject the universal shotshells and being prone to jamming from all the moving parts.
    So i decided to test the dilemma with my Browning Maxus Sporting. The test included:
    1. Participating in sporting clays, skeet, trap and just plain old shooting in the woods
    2. shoot as many consecutive rounds with minmal down time as possible before failing.
    3. Test different Universal brands. (Remington, Winchester, Federal)
    4. 1000 rounds of Universal Shotshells
    5. properly cleaning the Browning Maxus after 150 rounds.

Results:
    After shooting 1000 rounds i report that the Browning Maxus Sporting failed to eject a Universal Shotshell one time. The one failed ejection came during the testing of repeat firing of the Browning Maxus Sporting. I was able to shoot 150 rounds of repeated firing until the Browning Maxus had its first failed ejection. On a more realistic basis, such as 4 rounds of skeet, the Browning Maxus performed flawlessly. Never hesitating for a second.

Conclusion:
    The Browning Maxus Sporting passed the test in my view. When it came to sport shooting, it didn't skip a beat. If I didn't perform the repeated firing test i dont think the Browning Maxus would have ever failed. At some points i contemplated doing the test without cleaning the Maxus but personally i could not resist cleaning it each time and for me it just didn't seem realistic that you would never clean your Maxus. In concluion, yet again i believe the Browning Maxus Sporting proves why it is considered an elite autoloader.
  7. Billythekid

Browning Maxus Sporting Maple

Wanted to share some pics of the browning Maxus sporting in the Maple finish. In person i think it is the best looking finish browning has to offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Beautiful...!!
  9. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

These really are beautiful shotguns. I reviewed several in this and lower categories, and the Maxus came out on top. After hearing the Sporting came with a nice plastic case, five choke tubes instead of three, and grade 3 wood, I was sold.

Also, the ping-finished bolt is much more attractive than the black-painted bolt of the Beretta A400. I came this close --> <-- to getting the A400 and glad I discovered the Maxus series. The Maxus is easier to clean, has real wood, nicer looking, softer shooting, and even costs less.

I pick it up Tuesday and can't wait.

Not my photo, but here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]