Browning Customer service Nightmare

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by Frod1985, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Frod1985

Frod1985 Copper BB

Hey everybody.I'm new to the forum and wanted to vent about my terrible experience with Browning...
    Nine months ago, almost to the day,I picked up my brand-new Browning 1911-22 A1.I was so impressed with quality and overall fit and finish.The first day I took it out to the range I experienced zero malfunctions with about 500 rounds.Upon cleaning the gun later I noticed a chunk of my recoil spring guide rod had broken off and that the rest of it was dangling and barely hanging on for dear life.The next morning I made a call to browning firearms parts department.I placed an order for four recoil spring guide rods.I figured that they might have to be replaced every so often.I also ordered some other maintenance parts.they informed me that all of the parts were backordered and that they would ship them out to me as soon as they arrived.I asked how long it would be and they told me that it shouldn't be too long since this pistol was actively being manufactured.
    About a month goes by so I give them a call.I asked when my part should arrive....they tell me that they should be in any day now...another month goes by.I ask where are my parts.they tell me they will be there within a few weeks...two months goes by.I call and ask them where are my parts,they say any day now...two more months go by...
    By now (6 months) I'm am frustrated and ask to speak to the manager.they informed me that he is out of the office so I'll leave him a message...A week goes by and I don't hear from him.this time I call corporate.I tell them the entire situation and they tell me that I need to call the parts department...hi respond by telling them that I refuse to deal with the parts department anymore and that I want to speak to the manager of customer service at corporate.they transfer me over to the manager and I tell her the entire story.she tells me that she's going to get in touch with the parts department personally and give me an answer.she calls me back a few hours later and informs me that the parts are being shipped overnight the next morning from Production in Utah.I'm ecstatic...
    A month goes by.Still no parts.Another month goes by...Still no parts...so now it has been eight months so I am really ticked off.I call the parts department again and ask to speak to the manager.They told me that he was unavailable.I proceed to tell them my entire story.so finally they agreed to transfer me over to the manager...he tells me how sorry he was,and that he was going to send me the parts overnight the next morning.
    Three weeks go by....still no parts !
    So last week I called and spoke with the manager again.He apologized and claimed that he totally forgot to send them.He then PROMISES me that they would be overnighted the next morning and even said he would include three new magazines to replace the three I have with loose base plates.
    So now another week goes by,and we are in present day.it has now been nine months !!! STILL NO PARTS !!!!
    I called this afternoon and they transferred me.He picked up for a second then hung up on me.I called back and they transferd me again.I get his voicemail....he never calls me back.

What in the world is wrong with these people ?Has anybody else had similar experiences?what should I do ?
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Production in Utah?
    Thought these were made in SC in the FN factory
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Frod !!

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having...but the best I can do is listen...since the forum doesn't have any way of solving this problem for you !!

Keep us in the loop by updating this thread when applicable...good luck !!
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Read a similar story to yours on another forum. Randy Wakeman defended Browning's Customer Service Department. But I'm unconvinced.

If enough people post their complaints they may take notice. Good luck!
  5. Frod1985

Frod1985 Copper BB

Another month has passed...still no parts
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Unacceptable.............
  7. Frod1985

Frod1985 Copper BB

Sorry for the delayed update.So I finally received my parts from browning a few weeks ago.It was just a few days shy of one year.I was happy to get my parts but I noticed that the free magazines I was promised by Josh ,the parts manager were not in the box...I thought about calling and asking about it but I am done with those incompetent liars.I plan on selling the pistol and never purchasing a Browning ever again.Great product...ridiculous customer service.
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

While I'm sure glad you got the parts you ordered...you're right about the inexcusable customer service and long wait time.

We hope you will continue your membership here at Browning Owners Forum...as we are NOT responsible for what happen to you via Browning CS !!