Browning Buckmark Trigger

Discussion in 'Browning Mark Handgun' started by Joe Van Winkle, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Joe Van Winkle

Joe Van Winkle Copper BB

I am new to this forum, and I have searched and read about Buck Mark triggers. I just purchased a new Buck Mark Plus UDX (model #051531490), and I want to install an adjustable trigger. is the Browning adjustable trigger (part #B5152898) still available to purchase from Browning and will it work in my model Buck Mark. If that is not available or workable, will a Tandemkross "Victory" trigger or a Volquartsen trigger work in my model Buck Mark?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Joe !!

As far as your two questions...I would call both Browning and Volquartsen customer service for the answers...
  3. Joe Van Winkle

Joe Van Winkle Copper BB

Thanks SHOOTER13. I did call Browning, but the lady I talked to said the Browning trigger was only for the Silhouette. I'll try Volquartsen next.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK Joe...let us know how you make out...
  5. Joe Van Winkle

Joe Van Winkle Copper BB

I finally settled on a TandemKross "Victory" trigger for my new BM. After installing the TK trigger I noticed the left side of the disconnector (trigger bar) would not capture the pin on the side of the sear. The problems was that the front of the TK trigger was contacting the trigger opening in the frame and would not let the disconnector move fully rearward. I clamped a file in my vise and slowly, carefully filed away material on the front of the TK trigger where it was contacting the frame. Be careful here because the trigger is made of aluminum, and you can remove material rather quickly. After several passes of the file and reinstalls of the trigger, the disconnector was finally moving far enough rearward to capture the pin on the side of the sear. Since the filing on the trigger was on the top front of the trigger, you cannot see any evidence of filing or grinding once installed. One thing to note on the TK trigger - install the set screw into the trigger before installing the trigger into the frame. Using snap caps, turn the set screw into until the hammer no longer falls. Back out the set screw until the hammer just starts to fall and you're done. I took my BM to the range yesterday and ran 70 rounds through it with no problem. I love how there is zero overtravel now. Short and sweet.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Glad you finally got it...

Thanks for the helpful tips Joe.