Browning BL-22 not chambering fix

Discussion in 'Browning BL-22 Rifle' started by jstanfield103, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Guy's/Gal's
    As anyone knows on Rimfire Central I Love my 22's more than any other round in the world. I also Love my BL-22's my 1980 BL is my favorite lever to shoot. It's not my best lever (that belongs to the Winchester 9422) but it is my favorite to shoot and the one I shoot far more than any other lever rifle I have.

I just purchased a new BL-22 Maple. It shoots very well (except the trigger is a little heavy but will break in with working) but compared to my old 1980 it can be chamber slowly with no hang ups.

My 1980 if I operate the lever slowly it will hang a round below the chamber every time. Then I have to have a screw driver with me to get it moved up so I can shoot again. Pain if you don't have anything with you and you don't really jack the lever.

I was shooting this afternoon when that very thing happened, and nothing with me. I noticed how smoothly my new chambers a round. No problem at all. So I thought if that one will do it this one should. I remembered an old thread that on RFC that discussed this and a solution. I looked that old thread up and started tearing my 1980 BL apart. Little file work after removing the extractor and some 2000 grit sand paper and she is done. Worst part of course with the BL-22 is reassembly and getting that extractor out of the bolt and back in. But 30 minutes later all is well.

Now I can load her up and move my lever as slowly as I want to and she will easily chamber a round. I should have done this years ago with this rifle after rebuilding her insides. I just figured the quick lever really didn't bother me or at least until today. OldWolf, thanks for that fix and man it works great so far.

If anyone wants to see the post it is in the following thread. OldWolf hit the nail on the head with the fix.
    https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1045178
  2. Guy's/Gal's
    Took her out today after the fix. She ran flawless, only had one time that she started to hang up but a little push further on the lever and she pop right in place.
    I was purposely slow as I could moving the lever to chamber the next round. Shot 100 flawlessly chambered rounds. This made my favorite rifle even more so. It made me down right giddy when I chambered a round. So much fun. If this ever starts acting up on feed a round to the chamber again I think I will put a little lighter spring in the extractor. Not to light just a tad lighter, that extractor really has a lot of force behind it.
    I think I will start calling this rifle rough rider because before I got her she had a really rough life. Use to call her my old plinker but rough rider suits her much better. Now with her sporting a Red Dot she is extremely fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020