Browning BAR 308 Carbine with 18" Fluted Barrel

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by T-Roy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

Howdy folks, new here and was wondering if I could get some information about a gun I just purchased. It is a Browning BAR Lightweight Stalker, in .308 win and has an 18" fluted barrel. I've done a little searching online, but havent come up with much about this particular rifle. I was told that it was part of a limited production of 150 rifles that Browning put out back in 2009, but that's about it.

Can anybody give me any more info about this particular gun?

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

some more pics...

Attached Files:

3. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

and the last pic. Gun came with everything in the pic, including iron sights, extra mag, and warne mount.

Attached Files:

4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the Browning Owners Community T-Roy!!! Seems like you stumbled across a great find. From my understanding they only made 150 in 2009 and that particular model comes with an alloy receiver to help shave some weight. never shot or seen one in person but just heard great things about them over the past couple of years. good luck with it and let us know how it shoots.

BTK
  5. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

Thanks for the welcome. Yep, the gun supposedly weighs less than 7 pounds, and with that short 18" barrel, should be a great brush gun. I live and hunt in the Missouri Ozarks, heavy timber, steep hills, etc.

She should be just about perfect for my needs. I'll let ya know how she shoots. Still waitin on her to show up....
  6. Billythekid

where did you pick it up from? would love to find one of those...
  7. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

I found it for sale on Gunbroker, with only 20 rounds down the pipe. Same as new. It is one of the best balanced little carbines I've ever handled, and it's a tack-driver. It's by far the most accurate semi-auto I've ever owned, including my AR's. This little booger will shoot half inch groups at 100 yards all day long. I'm guessing due to the short, stiff barrel. Definitely a Keeper!
  8. Billythekid

i'm definitely jealous that i don't have one, i guess the hunt for finding one begins...thanks for the info T-Roy.

BTK
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum T-Roy !!

That is a rare bird indeed...
  10. T-Roy

T-Roy Member

Folks, I've found another gun I can't live without so I've listed this 18" Limited BAR for sale on Gunbroker.com

Just thought I'd let ya'll know in case anybody is interested.
  11. pineywoods rooter

pineywoods rooter New Member

Do you still have this gun?
  12. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member