Browning A5 magnum 12 ga

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Bill Kuhlmann, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Bill Kuhlmann

Bill Kuhlmann Copper BB

I am looking for an A5 12 ga in a magnum. I think my heart and budget say !989- 1995 . What should I be looking at when I find one? I want one with the invector choke system. Thanks
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Bill !!
  3. Bill Kuhlmann

Bill Kuhlmann Copper BB

Thanks. I am trying to round out my Browning guns. So far I have a HiPower 9mm, a 12 ga Citori White Lighting, and a BLR81. I want the 12ga A5 Mag to complete my collection.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hello, Bill. Merry Christmas.

It would be helpful to know what you wanted to use the gun for. If it's duck hunting, the magnum is for you. But magnums aren't the best choice for target loads. Miruku took over production from FN in the late '70s. All of the steel-safe and Invector choked barrels were made in Japan. If you wanted a Belgian Browning to round out your collection, you'd have to pick a fixed, Poly, or Cutts choke.
  5. Bill Kuhlmann

Bill Kuhlmann Copper BB

This will be a TURKEY gun. I have the citori for all of my other shotgun hunting. Thanks for the advice. Merry Christmas
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  7. Bill Kuhlmann

Bill Kuhlmann Copper BB

I have looked for several months to find that special gun. I looked all over the internet. My wife, of 56 years suggested I look at one of our local gun deals, Denney Dennis, guess what, I found a 1975 A5 12 Mag with a 32" barrel, full Choke, for $825. The blueing is 99% plus, The stock is 99% with only a small dent not scratch. I got waht I was looking for in my own Back Yard as the song goes. Thanks for your help. Bill K