Brass Brass Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I have been waiting for about a year for these, so as always I will post some info as I get it figured out. The initial inspection seems to be promising with nice finish inside and out. Primer pocket cleanly cut and the company logo stamped nicely on the top of brass case. From left to right 12ga(2 1/2). 16 ga(2 1/2) and finally 410(2 1/2). I quickly tried a CB-6100 in the 12 and seems to be a nice fit. The 410 got the CB 5050-410HS and also seems to be a good fit. I will load some in the coming weeks and head to pattern board to see results.

Attached Files:

win7stw, Auzzie and KyBoB like this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Those are pretty sweet looking. I can't wait to see this adventure
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes sir, I can't wait either. I want to try the green dot load with the SG-16, Same load as we put in the 2.5 cheddite paper hulls. I'm thinking I may have to up the powder a little, but time will tell. The wheels are already turning. The problem I have thought about is getting them tested. Not too many people will test brass cases. The ones that do want to drill a hole in the case, which makes it useless after. I hate to destroy these. I have some other 16 cases, but they are much thinner brass. I'm not sure how much a difference it will make in test results. I need to call tom and Bruce and see what they think. They also have pistol primers, but that can be fixed, and I have already done a couple so shouldn't be a problem.
    KyBoB likes this.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

They look nicely made. Tell me we’re they expensive. I could not imagine them being a cheap exercise. No wonder you don’t want to sacrifice too many for testing.
    All good ingredients for a new series of stories.
  5. Ranger6

Yes sir they were a little pricey. 100 hulls were north of 650.00
  6. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Wow! That be around $ 900 our coin. Hope you get lots of reloads out of them.
  7. Ranger6

Yea I should never have to buy those again. I may add some 20 ga also depending on how well I like them. I do have some nice resize dies for them if I need.
    Richr likes this.