BLR white gold medallion help needed

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Ej92381, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Ej92381

Ej92381 Copper BB

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, and a new browning owner. I've had my eyes on a blr white gold medallion for a long time, and my wonderful girlfriend surprised me with one for my birthday in .308 !
    Now, I'm planning on mounting a Swarovski 3-9x36 , but I'm having a hard time finding rings for it. I would like to find stainless or nickel rings and bases for it, but they are hard to find. Also what is this rifle considered? Long action? Short action? Lightning? 81? I'm slightly confused. This rifle is far too nice to just put run of the mill plain Jane scope mounts on. What are your opinions on this? Thanks in advance, Eric

Attached Files:

2. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I have Conetrol rings and bases on mine. They're absolutely outstanding pieces of work. There are no exposed fasteners or joints on the rings. If they're still operating (the elderly gentleman who owns & runs the place is, uh, elderly), they're worth a look. They're available in stainless steel, too.

Leupold makes bases and rings for BLRs, too, and you can get some from Browning.

A 308 is a short action, and your receiver is aluminum (they all are since the mid-90s).

Good luck!
    Setters4life likes this.
  3. Ej92381

Ej92381 Copper BB

4. Ej92381

Ej92381 Copper BB

wow, I have never heard of them before, I looked them up online. Impressive! Thanks for the reply
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum EJ !!
  6. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

I had an old gun come into our shop last week with Conetrol mounts on it. Something you don't see often. Beautifully made and the machining was top notch. (I get a kick out of things that are well-made.)
    CaySea likes this.