BLR Magazine Fit Question

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Tabernacle, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Tabernacle

Tabernacle Guest

Greetings. I own 4 BLR rifles. All of them have been very nice, with my 358 acting as the favorite child. I recently acquired a new TD in 325WSM and this one, so it appears , is the problem child. The magazine is quite loose - in the rear (near the trigger guard). Moving roughly 3/8 inch and interfering with cartridge feeding (not to mention being quite noisy every time I happen to bump into the lower side of the receiver). I compared the magazine indents on the 325wsm to my others (The ones that work) and there is clearly a manufacturing flaw; the detents are not as pronounced as they are on my other rifles. Can anyone tell me whether I just got a lemon or whether Browning went to sleep and shipped a whole lot of bad magazines? I am intending to purchase a replacement magazine (I tried to open the detents , succeeded in opening them too far, got the mag jammed in the receiver, and scarred up the receiver levering it back out - yes, I'm a dummy, but Browning just lost a frequent customer too). Anyway, I need to buy a correct magazine but if it is a systemic failure then I need to wait until they figure out how to spell QC. If a one off I will probably go ahead and grab a new one. Thanks in advance.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Tabernacle !!

Myself, I would just grab a few new mags.

Let us know how you make out...
  3. Tabernacle

Tabernacle Guest

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, and if they were priced like AR magazines, I'd do that. But at $60 plus a whack, a "few" starts to look like a new rifle.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Wow...didn't know about the $60 price tag...

All my Brownings have been handguns...Browning HP and a Browning Buckmark.
  5. Voyager28

Voyager28 Copper BB

I have a TD in 30-06 and had the same problem though not nearly as severe. I simply used a small blade screwdriver and very slightly bent out the locking tangs on the front and rear of the mag. I don't know if this is a recommended thing to do or not but it worked for me.

Bob