BLR .308 Preferred Ammo

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by GreybeardGunner, Mar 7, 2015.

1. GreybeardGunner

GreybeardGunner Copper BB

Hi Everyone:

I'm a new (to me) BLR owner. I recently picked up a very gently used .308 that I'm chomping at the bit to get out into the woods with. I'd be interested in knowing what others are using for ammo. This rifle came with three boxes of good old Winchester 150 and 170 gr that I'm sure will be a good place to start. I plan to range this thing in May and probably will use most of that supply up for that.

Regardless, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Shawn IMG_20150306_165732092_HDR.jpg
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I find it's always best to buy a few boxes of different manufacturer brand / different bullet weights and try them out of the rifle you plan to use them in...as every rifle likes one certain load / manufacturer brand the best .

Half the joy of owning that rifle will be finding out that magic combination...
    Dio likes this.
  3. GreybeardGunner

Hi Shooter 13:

I agree. I figure that May will be about the earliest that I can get out to see what it likes to eat. In the meantime, I'll do a little more research and pick up a selection of different rounds to try out. Thanks for the help!
    Shawn
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

5. GreybeardGunner

Lol....I've read that, but thanks for the link!
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not a problem Shawn...you'd be surprise how many people never heard of Wikipedia.

The sidebar has good info on the different loadings...
  7. Virgilward

Virgilward Copper BB

Just purchased a very lightly used non PA .308 from Gunbroker. Shooting 1" 3 shot groups with Fusion 165 gr.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Post a picture of it Virgil...
  9. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

My Belgium made BLR in 308 is not picky about ammo. Most all 150 and 165gr bullets are MOA or less shooters