BLR 270WSM Jamming/magazine problem

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Brian Button, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Brian Button

Brian Button Copper BB

I have a 3-4 year old BLR 81 and have been having problem getting off a second round out of both of my magazines. I load a round in the chamber and then put the third cartridge into the mag and insert the mag into the gun. I fire off my first round and when I go to cycle in the next round as soon at the bolt touches the cartridge it comes out of the mag and turns sideways in the receiver and jams the gun. It happens with each mag and only on the the first round in the mag. Anyone else having or had this problem and is there a fix to the problem. I love the gun and the caliber but when I can't get a second shot off at a moose or deer cause of the jamming problem I am about ready to throw this gun into the bush.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Brian !!

Sorry...not sure about that problem you are experiencing...maybe some member here will know.

Stay tuned...
  3. Voyager28

Voyager28 Copper BB

A couple of years ago a friend gave me a magazine for my BLR 30-06. I had a very similar problem with it. Any time I put a round in the chamber than loaded a full 4 rounds in the mag the first round cycled would turn and jam. If I just loaded three rounds in the mag and one in the chamber it cycled just fine. This was the only mag I ever had that problem with. So, I took it to my LSG and the gunsmith there did something to it and I never had the problem again. I have no idea what he did but it did remedy the problem and it has cycled flawlessly ever since.

Bob