Bio Ammo Reloads Not So Good

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Auzzie, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Auzzie: I am expecting the same results as you, but we will see. No big loss if I do. I had no off sounding out of two boxes that we shot yesterday. I wonder if there is a difference or they made a change somewhere along the line.
    When my gun clubs were doing that I contacted Remington and of course they sent replacements but never gave an answer as to why it was happening. I went back and forth in email with them and requested a phone call. The manager of quality control finally called and told me they couldn’t say what happened but insured me the problem would be fixed.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well I couldn’t resist, or maybe it’s just boredom, it’s raining here so wanted to play with the bio ammo some more. This is a 7/8 oz load with the super g wad. They were cut to 2 1/2. Sure makes them easier to load.

Attached Files:

3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Sounds like Ammo to Go is an ok place to shop. Well just shows you can’t take a place on the name alone. With no shop front I would save sworn it was an ACME agency. Very refreshing outcome in this day and age. Good you got to talk with owners and establish a relationship. That’s how the best deals and satisfaction is done old fashioned conversation.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

My shooting buddy went to our zone 5 stand titles yesterday and reported in this morning there was no shortage of bad sounding loads in the cages. Bio was the offender so there must be plenty of bad slabs out there in circulation due to ammo shortage here at moment. People pretty much using what they can get hands on. Regardless been excellent review process yet again. I will stick happily to my tried and proven reloads.
    Incidentally how is your chronograph going?
  5. Ranger6

Yes sir, there has to be a difference somewhere, but we may never figure it out. I need a whole day to take the chronograph out and set it up and play with it. Damn rain here ruined every free weekend this month.
  6. Ranger6

Range report on the bio ammo cut to 2 1/2 and roll crimped. I loaded it with 22.5 gr universal, super g wad- g2512, 7/8 oz of #8 and Winchester 209. It busted the clay and cycled the auto 5 and much easier on the shoulder then the factory load.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Ranger be interesting to see if exact same combo using 19.5 Clays instead would function your Auto five. That’s pretty much my go to all round multi discipline load.

Strangely have always found If you do a tabled cross load for same FPS and weight between the two powders , Universal always “feels” that bit heavier on the shoulder for exact same thing and result. The science says it shouldn’t but the brain and shoulder say there is a slight difference.
    Now there is a subject for your next adventure.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  8. rcatastrophe

rcatastrophe .270 WIN

Reading this thread with interest. Noticed some Monarch 20g in the background of a couple photos. Can those be reloaded too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Ranger6

yes sir, the monarch load very good. Just shot some 12 gauge 7/8 oz yesterday. I was looking for a 7/8 oz load in the cut off Rio papers and liked the way it went together in the monarch. crimps good, cycles the auto 5 and easy on the shoulder, and broke clays. using universal and super g wad.
    To be honest I load monarch in every gauge. They always show up at the range and no one wants them. I like the higher brass ones but the low work also. As I'm sure you know these are the academy house brand. Haven't seen them on the shelf in a while, but lots bought them when they were plentiful.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. Ranger6

11. Ranger6

Auzzie: I see no reason it wouldn't. May take 20 grains to be totally reliable, next time I'm doing clays we will try it out. That super g wad is one of my favorite Gualandi wads. The best thing is with these wads you can get different shot cup lengths, that pretty much do it all.
    The whole recoil thing: felt vs perceived vs what people believe in their own mind- now that's like talking religion to church people. Not that I have anything against the very religious ones, cause my grandmother was one, however, trying to convince someone of something different then they believe is a hard task. The hard thing about recoil is what you think is soft, I may think is harsh.