BAR MK3 DBM

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Bigbuckool, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Bigbuckool

Bigbuckool Copper BB

Well I made a complete impulse buy on the new MK3 DBM. Just wondering if anyone out there has had their hands on one yet (mines still in CA jail for a few more days.) And only positive reviews lol.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Congrats on a fine rifle...

What do you hunt...?
  3. Bigbuckool

Bigbuckool Copper BB

Thanks! Deer, hogs, bear, coyotes. It will probably get most of it's use at the range and predator hunts. One nice thing is that it did come with a fairly decent hard case which is a first for me in regards to my other Browning purchases.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. jrtf83

jrtf83 Copper BB

Sorry to dig up and old post, but how're you liking the MK3?
  5. Senor Chisme

Senor Chisme Copper BB

I don't know about the OP, but I absolutely love mine. It's light weight, handles like a dream, and is extremely accurate, and the recoil is next to nothing. I'm shooting a 165gr. Sierra Spitzer BT over 43 grains of Reloader 15. I'm using a Leupold 1.5-5x scope and getting 1 1/4" groups. Plenty good enough for feral hogs.
  6. spurgon

spurgon .22LR

Senior,
    Glad to hear that you like the DBM. Do you use Any other magazines besides the factory 10 rounder?
  7. Senor Chisme

Senor Chisme Copper BB

Yes, I have an FN 20 rounder.
  8. spurgon

spurgon .22LR

Senor,
    Does it function as good as the factory 10 round magazine? Maybe you can shed light on a question I have about the weight of the rifle.
    Some literature I read says it weighs 6lbs.-10oz.
    Some day it weighs 7lbs.-6oz. You're the first person I've been able to talk to directly about this BAR
  9. jrtf83

jrtf83 Copper BB

Well I've been looking for some of these FNAR 20 rounders for a while now and I can't seem to find 'em. Anybody got a lead on a source for these?
  10. spurgon

spurgon .22LR

I've seen them on gunbroker..
  11. jrtf83

jrtf83 Copper BB

12. Putnamm

Putnamm Copper BB

Hi. Having a hard time finding any Mk3 DBM owners to help answer some of my questions. I just bought my BAR Mk3 DBM. When I got it home and examined it more closely, there appears to be a gap of approximately 3-4mm between the underside of the forend and the action. I can see in to the gap and the barrel, etc. inside the forend. I've looked upany, many photographs of the DBM online, zoomed in on them all, and this does appear to be common or even standard. For you other DBM owners, can you confirm this is the case on your gun?

I am still new to this site and cannot figure out how to upload pictures. But as soon as I figure it out I will upload some images to illustrate.

Thanks,
    Mark