BAR Hog Stalker 308

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Alan Springer, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Anybody have one of these? How accurate are they?
  2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

I have a Win SXAR
    Both are basically a camo FNAR missing two or three accessory rails.
    [​IMG]
  3. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I have one. I have a target picture floating around somewhere showing 5 of Sierra's newest 155 MK (the #2156 Palma bullet) at or under 1 MOA at 100 yards. I believe that was an IMR-4895 load, but I'd have to look it up again.

Anyway, I like mine. It's heavy, specifically it's nose-heavy, but a fun rifle.
  4. I'm wanting to buy the Browning version but haven't seen one in awhile. I let one slip away on gunbroker because I was waiting to see if Browning would offer them again this year. Maybe he'll put it back on there if it didn't sell.
  5. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Yeah, the Hog Stalker seems to have been a 1-model-year-only rifle. I sent mine to Short Action Customs and had the barrel threaded for a brake or suppressor. I have a brake on it now. I'd tell you that mine might be for sale, but I'm not sure I'm wanting to let it go. :)

You can still get the FNAR Competition model, which is a wood laminate stocked model, if that's of any interest. The barrel is lighter, and fluted. It also has a picatinny rail section on the front of the barrel. The idea is to be able to mount competition iron sights. It looks different from the Hog Stalker, but is similar.
  6. I'm going to keep looking on gunbroker. I'd love to find one NIB. I have a friend with his FFL and he goes to gun shows all over the south. I may get him to start looking for one at the shows. I ought to load up and go to the Houston Gun Show. They'd have tables with nothing but Brownings. I'm just a Browning nut which is why I'm not interested in the FNAR or Winchester versions.
  7. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

I have seen a few recently on shelves at Gander Mountain stores
  8. Really! The closest Gander Mountain to be would be Houston. I used to go to Houston all the time when my brother played for the Astros. Now, I never go. What stores did you see them at? Maybe I can call them and buy one over the phone.