Any CZ 75 fans here?

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by In The Ten Ring, Feb 24, 2017.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I used to be a big fan of the CZ 75. I even wanted one for my rental cop job. Later I shot one at a range and the thing was just "big" for my hands.

I see Aimsurplus has a number of original Czech models for sale, is anyone a CZ 75 fan? The design is supposed to be a BHP copy, according to a gun magazine I read.
  2. I only know what I read. That said, the CZ-75B is supposed to be an excellent gun and an excellent value. However, many have made note of slide stops that break. I think it's the slide stops. Recently, I was giving serious thought to buying one, but I think I'm not finished buying Hi-Powers and Colt 1911s yet.
  3. Yes, I imported (though Canada) one seveal years back and thought it perfect carry gun.
    Steve
  4. clance

clance Copper BB

I'm a big fan of the 75s. For years I carried BHP for my job. I really didn't care for the "cock -n- lock" carry. So when my son in law informed me that CZ produce 75 with decockers, I was all over them.

[​IMG]

With that said, there is still a soft spot for the HP. So much so, my son in law talk me out of my X95 Tavor for a Charles Daly HP + some cash. Far less then I could have gotten if I had put it on one of the gun auction sites. But being family, plus I wanted the HP back. Made the deal worth it.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  5. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Your BHP didn't cock and lock? All mine do---I admit, I wish the safety lever had more of a 1911 "lock" to them but putting the safety on does lock the slide in place. My Mark III's are better than my Mark 1's when it comes to their safety levers. When I get my Mark 1 (alloy frame) customized, I may have a Mark III safety put on.

I was a big CZ 75 fan for several years, I had bought the CZ 100 in 1999 to carry on my rent-a-cop job but the trigger pull was very gritty so I sold it. I wanted a CZ 75 and finally got to try one out in 2003 but it was a bit big for me. I'm glad I tried it out before ordering one.

Nice pics of those weapons! :)
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Nice collection...!!
  7. @clance: Nice bunch o' guns, sir. :)

@tenring: Have you tried replacing the thumb safety lever spring? BHSpringsolutions is a good source for springs and videos on this. (Can't remember if we already touched base on this.)
  8. clance

clance Copper BB

I meant "Cock -n- Lock!" The tablet spell check made the correction, and I just didn't catch it. I never had a problem with the HP. I did with a 1911 where I click off the thumb safety and the hammer drop, firing off a round. No I didn't have my finger on the trigger, and a Grand Rapids (MI) NARC cop had the same problem with the same pistol (Colt 70 Combat Commander). Unfortunately for him, he shot himself in the butt during a raid. Never felt comfortable with that carry style from that point forward.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

10. clance

clance Copper BB

Shouldn't feel to bad for the cop. He sued Colt and if I recalled correctly, got a settlement of $10,000,000.00. That was back in the 1980s so unless he was really stupid, he's living the good life.
  11. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Why did he have the muzzle pointed at something he wasn't ready to destroy? Basic gun safety screw up there.

Looks like the Colt weapon had some safety issues! I hope the wounded officer made a full recovery.

I'll be carrying a S&W 1911 cocked and locked here in a few minutes when I go out.

*On an aside, I was just thinking, soooo many people legally carry where I live! I am tempted to do a survey.
  12. RFalcon

RFalcon .22LR

One of my favorite firearms is a CZ clone - Tanfoglio makes excellent weapons in two frame sizes. Thei also have conversion kits from .22, 38 Super, 9mm, 40, 45 and 10mm (depending on frame). They've been imported by several different importers, and some of them are current marketed in the US by EAA as the Witness. The Force 99R frame has a decocker; other variants can be carried cocked and locked.
  13. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

The 75 is a fine handgun. Then again, I have big hands.
  14. clance

clance Copper BB

Then you would love the CZ97.
    Rob poston likes this.
  15. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I would love to have a little range time with one. My hands fit a plethora of guns... including my P238 (with extended magaxine), which is about as small as it gets. Hopefully our local range will get a selection of CZ's so I can check out some more models.