American Browning 20 GAUGE

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by RemBrown, Dec 6, 2022.

1. RemBrown

RemBrown Copper BB

Hi All! I am a new member. I am several years retired and own several Browning shotguns, as well as one Browning semi-auto rifle. These guns are used by my family and myself for hunting small game and waterfowl. I do not own any collectible guns. I recently purchased a Remington made Browning A5 in 20 gauge. It was manufactured in 1942. The gun came with a newer "FN" butt plate that I don't think is original to the gun. Does anyone know the type of butt plate that would have been on the gun at manufacture? Or have any photos of what it looked like?
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Welcome. I am not familiar with the American Brownings but I’d assume it would have the horn FN butt plate
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

Welcome to this forum. Here is a pic of an American Browning buttplate. Hope that help. Is your A.B. ribbed?

[​IMG]
    Rudolph31, win7stw and Ranger6 like this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good work Marc. I need to add an American Browning to the mix
  5. Biz

Biz 20g

It is a nice addition to a collection and they are usually quite affordable. I am trying to find one with a ribbed barrel. I hope RemBrown will post a pic of his A.B.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Just in case, rembrown, if you have trouble posting pic's you can send to me, and I will post. I sent him a PM that I moved his post to the Auto 5 section, but haven't got a reply as of yet.