Added a 725 to the collection

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Rob poston, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Last week my 12 gauge 725 came in. I am thrilled with it! I ordered it well over a year ago, but the crooked dealer that I worked for kept cancelling the order. :+( Well finally, it came in... just in time for a turkey shoot! I am thrilled with the fit and finish, and the mechanical trigger is very nice!

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice Rob !!
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Thank you, Shooter... I like it. :)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice looking Citori rob!! Good luck in the upcoming season. All the best.

BTK
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Thank you Billythekid, I am sort of fond of it, too. ;+) I needed another shotgun like I needed a hole in my head, but at $1124.00 shipped and out the door, I couldn't pass it up!
  6. birdshooter

birdshooter Copper BB

$1124 shipped...... This can't be a new gun ?? If it is, how's that possible on a gun that retails for over $2000
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome back birdshooter...

I do believe Rob posted that he ordered it over a year ago...through a dealer he worked for.
  8. birdshooter

birdshooter Copper BB

Yeah I drop in from time to time, but not much activity these days.

I saw where Rob posted that, however $1124 doesn't even cover cost on a brand new 725 whether it is was ordered a year ago or 3 years ago, that's what I couldn't figure out. Even a used but 90% condition 725 would fetch more than that.

Oh well... great deal if you can get it.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Correct. We got 50% off of Browning through the company. Pays to be in the industry. ;+)
  10. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

No, even when I ordered it, MSRP was still $2,399.99 (and well worth it). But many gun companies allow those of us who work for an authorized dealer to purchase one firearm per year at a heavily discounted rate (usually around 50% off MSRP). This allows us to get a real hands on feel for the gun so that we can recommend their product to the customer. Benefits us because we get a great deal on a great firearm, and benefits the company because we get to become more informed about what we are selling and can recommend their product to the customers from experience.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well...an excellent deal in my book !!
  12. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Thank you! I actually work for a dealer primarily for the gun discounts. Thankfully, I have a second source of income to pay for my hobby. ;+)

Picked up this little winter project for $190 last night... looking forward to building it.

Attached Files:

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice...what caliber...50 !?
  14. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Thank you. Why yes sir, Traditions .50 cal. Kentucky long rifle kit. I have a .45 Kentucky, but it is increasingly harder to find bullets and patches... as everything seems to be going to .50 these days. Plus, half the fun of these things is the build, itself.
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Been thinking about adding a smokepole to my collection also...as MidwayUSA is having a sale on something I've had my eye on for awhile:

[​IMG]

Features
    • Traditional flintlock rifle
    • Full length walnut stock
    • Brass ornamentation
    • Double-set triggers
    The Traditions Pennsylvania Black Powder Rifle is a period accurate muzzleloader that is great for Revolutionary War reenactments or even hunting. It features a full-length walnut stock with a solid brass patch box, beautiful brass ornamentation and a brass toe plate. Other features of this rifle include double-set triggers for increased accuracy and control and open sights with a primitive style adjustable rear sight.

Technical Information
    Caliber:
    Barrel Length: 40-1/4"
    Twist Rate: 1:66"
    Overall Length: 57"
    Weight: 8-3/4 lb
    Stock: Select Hardwood
    Barrel Finish: Blued
    Sights: Primitive style adjustable rear
    Ignition Type: Flintlock

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/53...k-1-in-66-twist-40-1-4-barrel-blue?cm_vc=J012
  16. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

That's a beaut'! I would love to own a flintlock, I just can't swing another $700.00 on a gun, or else I would be sleeping on the porch! ;+)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Heard that my friend...
    Rob poston likes this.
  18. Very nice! Congrats!
  19. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Why thank you!