A new A5 Sweet Sixteen!

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Rob poston, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I spoke with my Browning rep a few weeks ago, who infomed me that Browning is coming out with a 16 gauge version of the A5, with a Sweet Sixteen to soon follow! Both models will feature the Kinematic drive that is standard on the new 12 and 20 gauge A5's. Just thought I would pass along the tidbit of info to you guys. Look for the 16g A5 in the Spring of 2016.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks for the heads up Rob....!!
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Any time! Hopefully I can talk my rep into letting me have a little personal time with one this Spring- before they hit the market. If so, I will be sure to do a complete review on the shotgun and post it online.
  4. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 .22LR

Cool news, I'll have to check this out when they hit the shelves.

I picked up my first 16 gauge Auto-5 the other day, except mine is a 1929 gun....lol.

I can't believe how light the 16 is compared to my light-12, they feel like completely different firearms.
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Very cool! I love the older Auto 5's, especially the FN Brownings. Post some pics when you get a chance.
  6. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 .22LR

I picked this bad boy up for $600, it's had to have been restored. I'm afraid the police are going to arrest me for theft for what I got the gun for, I about stole it...lol
  7. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 .22LR

8. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

9. YellowJacket

YellowJacket .22LR

this is cool news, Rob. Thanks. sounds like a great pheasant/wood duck gun, to me.
  10. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I would love to try one out on pheasants. I have a friend who has been wanting me to go on a pheasant hunt with him in Indiana... maybe next year our schedules can work out, and we can make the trip. That Sweet Sixteen should make a fantastic field shotfun for these little fellas!
  11. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I am very old fashioned so I don't plan on buying one of the new Auto 5 designs but I wouldn't mind shooting one.
  12. BRANDONT

BRANDONT .22LR

same hear I would love to shoot one, I seen one at field and stream but. Wow did it feel cheap in comparison to my light twelve nor does it have the looks of the old school one. Can't say that I'm gonna invest 1500 dolars in the new a5 but wouldn't turn it down if someone wanted to donate one to me
  13. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Ya know, I felt the same exact way. The old Auto-5's are tanks. They weigh a ton, are solidly built, and yet they shoulder great! The new A5 is a nice feeling shotgun, but just not the same. Still, I am going to invest in an A5 Ultimate sometime this Spring- if nothing else, than for the beauty of it.
    BRANDONT likes this.