A couple of my Brownings...

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by B78, Mar 10, 2014.

1. B78

B78 Copper BB

I happened to have a couple of pictures on hand and thought I'd post them. The first is my Hi-Power. It doesn't look particularly special in this photo, however it has had a lot of work done by a former Browning Gunsmith. The most obvious change is the S&W revolver sights that have been set in a milled channel in the slide. This was a popular thing to do in the 70s and 80s when low profile adjustable sights weren't as available as they are today. Other work was done internally, including a specially made straight feed ramp that actually extends into the magazine a slight bit to prevent any attempt by a cartridge to go "nose down" during feeding. It works quite well. :)

The second picture is my little BL-22. It began life as a Grade I, and you see where it is today. All the work was done at Browning. They did some very nice work.

I have more detailed pictures and other work I can post sometime as well if there's interest in Browning pictures.

Hi-Power:

[​IMG]

BL-22:

[​IMG]
    Setters4life likes this.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

wow great looking brownings. Love the engraving on the BL-22.
  3. B78

B78 Copper BB

Thanks... there's a rabbit on the other side. It was done by Rob Semonis at Browning. I believe he is (or was at one time) the foreman of Browning's service shop in Arnold, MO.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Nice firearms sir...!!
  5. luke100

luke100 Copper BB

nice looking browning! where did you bought it sir? if u don't mind?
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Luke !!

Which Browning firearms do you own...?
  7. tangy003

tangy003 Copper BB

That hi power is sweet looking!
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sure is...!!
  9. Nordic Thunder

Nordic Thunder Copper BB

I love the look of the old Hi Powers, nice looking weapons!
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sold a waffen stamped Fabrique Nationale Herstal P35 made in 1939 for "alot" of $$...still to this day wish I never sold it !!