A-Bolt .300 WinMag BOSS info

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by BG12, Dec 13, 2017.

1. BG12

BG12 Copper BB

Midway through season last year I purchased a box of 155gr BXC ammo for my 300. It shot the exact hole my Rem PSP's did at 100 yds, so I carried on. Didn't take a shot over 50 yds the rest of the season and was very impressed with the performance of the round. I missed a deer this past weekend at 300yds. Shooting off sandbags and I was on him. I've killed deer, coyotes and even crows at the same crossing so I know it is a shot I can make. My son even killed one there when he was 13 with this gun. I went home pretty dejected and went to a range where I could stretch it out a little. At 200 yds best I could do was about an 8" group. I've made sure all my scope mount and base screws are tight and barrel was cleaned. All I can figure is I need to do some dialing on the BOSS. I called Browning customer service yesterday and a guy told me they did not have any data on BOSS settings for the new ammo. I was hoping maybe someone here knew a good starting point. Thanks!
  2. SOG

SOG .22LR

Try using a heavier bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. nitesite

nitesite .410

I hope you get it figured out without too much expense and trouble...
  4. Norske

Norske .410

If you rest the rifle's fore end on the sandbags, it will shoot higher than when hand held. My 30-06 bounces up off firm bags enough to change the point of impact 3" at 100 yards and my 338 WinMag makes a 6" difference. Try twisting the bag to make it comfortable for your hand between the bag and for end to minimize the recoil bounce. For those of us with lever action or other rifles with 2-piece stocks, rest the receiver on the bag. It's the only way I can make sub-1" groups with either my BLR or my Savage 99. By-the-way, lead sleds only work for hunting sighting-in in the lead sled commercials.