725 Trap w/ adjustable comb

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Slick Mick, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Slick Mick

Slick Mick Copper BB

I am considering purchasing a new 725 Trap with the factory Browning adjustable comb. I have read mixed reviews of the Browning system. Does anyone have any experience with the Browning adjustable comb? Thanks.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Hey Mick...

Can't help you with that particular question...I don't own a firearm with an adjustable comb.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2017
  3. john porter

john porter Copper BB

I just got a 725 pro trap with the adjustable comb, so far so good but it does shoot high 70/30 no matter what configuration I use with the comb or rib.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Where do you shoot John...?

Got any pictures to share...?
  5. john porter

john porter Copper BB

Just at my Dads Farm outside Armagh N Ireland just for sport not competitions. unfortunately no pictures.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Sorry for the late reply.
    I shot one for about a half season. It never fit me very well, personally, so I just wentback to my old 725 field.
    I did try shooting it with the comb all the way down, and lost a few beard hairs in the crack. ;-)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Late...!?

Never too late for a reply from you Rob...
    Rob poston likes this.
  8. TomBitt

TomBitt .22LR

I see this is an old thread and I am new here, did you ever get the 725 Pro Trap? I just bought mine the other day love the gun, shoots great but the comb hardware is horrible. I like to force my head to the stock which made the comb move. lost 5 birds on a station until I looked down and saw it was all the way over to the right. I just purchased new hardware from SPS (Stock Positioning Systems) This thing shoots nice when the comb stays in the right spot.