'56 A5 owner manual

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Kirk Pfeffer, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Kirk Pfeffer

Kirk Pfeffer Copper BB

Hoping that someone will be able to help me out and give me an idea of what to look for.

Have this gun and was thinking that it would be nice to have a owners manual. Unfortunately haven't had much luck finding out which one I need. I looked on Ebay and found this one which is a repop supposedly from the 50's. http://www.ebay.com/itm/361880392541?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Anyone maybe have one and able to tell me if this one is correct?

Kirk
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Kirk Pfeffer and SHOOTER13 like this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Rudolph...
  4. Kirk Pfeffer

Kirk Pfeffer Copper BB

Thanks Rudolph. I have already downloaded the manual from the link you provided. It provides all the needed information but as you assumed, I was just interested in having a period correct manual. Obviously not needed but it fulfills some weird need I have.
    Kirk
  5. snapcap

snapcap Copper BB

Radocy publishes an excellent manual for take down and reassembly of the gun. It is available directly through Radocy or from Gunshowbooks .com. It has step by step instructions along with photographs. The A5 is a fairly complicated gun, and you must purchase the correct screwdrivers to service it or you will ruin the gun.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I get it. I've got one also. Pre '58 they say 12 & 16 gauge. The
    20 gauge came out in 1958 and the manual cover then included all three gauges. As far as I know that's the only difference. The later manual is much bigger because it is filled with stupid legalese.
  7. Kirk Pfeffer

Kirk Pfeffer Copper BB

snapcap, thanks for the links. I've got the field service manual and honestly, that is much farther than I want to go. I've got plans to order a set of screwdrivers before I do anything.
    Kirk