1965 Browning A 5 silver

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Larry O Howell, Apr 8, 2019.

?

Has anyone else ever seen an A5 like this

1. Factory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rebuilt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. If you will just email me or I can give my phone number and text you the pics everything is silver including screws but o o dont know how to try and make a 5 mb pic fit in a 1 mb file
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes I had that problem and got some advice from Rudolph31 on how to fix that. He has it down. I still
    struggle with it. I wish they would just make it easier to upload pics. He should be along shortly and give you what you need. You can email them to me and I will try and post if that helps.
  3. Trigger assembly

Attached Files:

4. Trigger assembly

Attached Files:

5. Inside receiver

Attached Files:

6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

From the pictures, it’s obvious that the gun has been refinished. The receiver has been buffed to the point that the engraving is no longer sharp. Whether or not it was done for the movie, who knows? The silver isn’t the Browning “Coined” finish. It almost looks like Parkerizing.

Here’s a factory silver:

[​IMG]
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Pictures. Open a free Imgur account and upload the pictures there. Then copy the link and paste it in the window opened by touching the picture icon at the top of the frame.
    Larry O Howell likes this.
  8. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

that's what I was waiting on. Is it possible that it was done by browning and someone buffed it to much trying to make it shine more. I really don't think someone would go thru all that work for a movie prop, that's why I ask him to remove trigger group. "Coined" is that what they call it? I have heard it called frosted. That sure is pretty.
    I guess if it bothers you to much you can always have it changed back to the normal A5 color. what ever browning calls the silver, its expensive to have done.
  9. Yea I couldn't imagine doing all the internal parts for a Movie prop that was just a wall hanger in the Movie , and as I said it shoots and cycles perfectly looks to me like if it were some kind of coating then it would cause the gun to hang up or at minimum show scrap marks on inside of receiver
  10. I agree that the finish does not look like it came from Browning. It appears to have been buffed hard. I am wondering if someone had the gun cerakoted.
  11. Not cerakote that's for sure , gun was in movie in 1985 , I don't think Cerakote was even invented back then . Guy I got it from said he was told it was chrome Molly for movie . But I just couldn't imagine them doing all the internal parts just for a gun to hang on wall in movie
  12. Not a bother at all , was just wondering if anyone else had seen one like this . Almost my entire safe is filled with Browning I love their products . I don't care for the old BARs though
  13. Ranger6

If only it could talk....... I agree as mine are all browning. With one LC Smith that is one fine shotgun.
  14. I hear ya on the LC Smith I have other guns but they are old school family guns I keep in gun cabinet for folks to see , my brownings are in safe . First real gun I ever shot was my dad's SA 22 He got the same year he joined Navy in 1957 . It's in safe as well
  15. Ranger6

Wow, that’s something money can’t replace. My very first was an A5 of my grand fathers that I have and love to shoot. It’s a 1936 12 gauge standard.
  16. Awesome