16 papers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by win7stw, Jul 6, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Received 300 high brass Cheddite paper hulls in the mail today. They trim ok with my hull trimmer if I use it on a drill. They roll crimp ok on the BPI roll crimper. Will post pics later
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Stop teasing now. I seen 100 Winchester ranger paper hulls(new) on gun broker. They had a starting bid of 225.00. Had to pass on those.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I would have passed on that too.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Here they are Ranger
    [​IMG]
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Quick experiment with them

[​IMG]
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I’m jealous. Looks good. Let me know how they shoot
  7. Ranger6

I think those papers on GB take the #57 primer. Hope someone don’t buy them thinking they use 209. They will be out a lot of money
  8. Ranger6

Looks like a # 109 or 209 will work from my research but most say use felt wads, I actually put a 209 primer in one of the rangers I have. Either way at that price I will pass.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Shot my sample papers last night. I used 18 grains of Green Dot with one ounce of 9 and they cycled just fine
  10. Ranger6

Brag, Brag, Brag. You are cuttin a fat hog I guess. What wad did you go with? Hey shoot them while you can. I'm jealous. More to follow on that....
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I used the BPI SG16 wad
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Since you don’t have any papers can you send me your crimper?
  13. Ranger6

You gave me a good laugh. Scary someone else thinks like me. When can i expect the papers?
  14. Norske

Norske .410

Look up the load of the week in Ballistic Products website and note the primer used on Cheddite hulls. My European hulls use European primers, and American primers fall out when fired. It's a metric vs. inches thing.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Finally got my Gaep paper roll crimper today. I can’t wait to try it
  16. Ranger6

Send me some pictures. Got email from Mr Russell yesterday( 3 months later) he is counting what he has and will send me price, so maybe I will have some soon( maybe 6 months).
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I scored another 70 paper hulls but they are once fired with an 8 point crimp. We will see how that goes when I cut them down

I’ll send pics, hopefully I get to try it soon. You might have hulls before I get around to trying it
  18. Ranger6

Maybe. I don’t know. I never expected to hear from him. I guess he has some pretty serious health issues, so I will be patient.
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well the Gaep OTC roll works really well. Much easier to roll than plastic. I used paper ched hulls with 20.4 grains of IMR SR7625, SG 16 wad and one ounce of nickel plated 5 shot. It didn’t cycle the gun so I need to do a little tweaking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  20. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Wow, they look like factory.