New user here need help

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Dallas_CMT, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

I'm a new user here and proud owner of two Browning shotguns. Nice to find a Browning dedicated forum.

I've been trying to sign up with a hotmail.com email address, but never could receive the registration email. So I tried another email address and that worked, but I had to change my user name as well.

Can I get a moderator to change my user name to DallasCMT (remove the 1), and either keep or reset my password?

Thanks!
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

I've copied and pasted your above request to the people who can make those changes...
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Dallas, welcome to the browning owners community!! I can't seem to find the original CMT so I took off the 1 and added an underscore. Look forward to hearing your feedback on the browning shotguns you have and post some pics when you get a chance. All the best.

BTK
  4. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Re: New user here need help UPDATE

I appreciate help, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to log in because of the name change, and wasn't able to know what you had changed it to (added the underscore) to make it Dallas_CMT.

So, I created DallasCMT2 so I could log in and try to figure out what's going on. Fortunately I had a third email address I could use since @hotmail.com never received the confirmation email when I tried to sign up the first time.

Summary -

First tried to register with DallasCMT and a @hotmail.com address. Never received the confirmation email. I tried using a @gmail.com, but could not since DallasCMT was already in use with my first attempt.

Next I registered with DallasCMT1 using my @gmail.com address. This worked, but it was renamed to Dallas_CMT.

Since I wasn't aware of the rename, I have now created DallasCMT2.

Please delete DallasCMT2 and I'll use Dallas_CMT. I think it'll be easier that way.

Thanks
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks like you are all set up with Dallas_CMT
  6. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

I need help again. I tried changing my email address via the User Control Panel to a hotmail.com address and never got the acknowledgement email. So now I'm locked out of Dallas_CMT and had to create this DallasCMT3 account to write this message.

Can you please reinstate my Dallas_CMT account, or give DallasCMT3 the ability to send a PM to you so I can specify the email address I want on my Dallas_CMT account? Apparently new users can't write PM's.

Sorry, I promise to never try to use a hotmail.com email address again!
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

jeez dude.....!

Are you OK now...?
  8. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Well, no because I can't login with my Dallas_CMT user ID. I am locked out because I changed my email address - that process locked my account until I click the link in an email the forum sends, but I never got it.

The forum's system seems to have an issue with sending to a hotmail.com address.
  9. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

If you can just make Dallas_CMT a verified account, I'll be set.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...Dallas_CMT it will be...

I'll pass it on to the ADMIN...as I do not have the necessary permissions as a moderator.

What email addy do you want to use...( non-hotmail ). Think about going with Outlook...that's what I use.

Let me know...
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Msg sent to ADMIN to read this thread...hope that helps.
  12. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Thank you.

I do use Outlook for my email, it manages my gmail and hotmail accounts. For some reason I can't seem to receive an email from this forum to the hotmail account.

I'll PM the email address to you, I would rather not post it publicly. Hopefully the forum will now allow me to PM, it doesn't let new users do so.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Standing by...
  14. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

I can't PM. Frustrating. :)

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
  15. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Oh what the heck. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and delete this message after receiving it.
  16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Copy that...msg sent to admin
  17. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

18. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Doc...!!

Happy New Year my friend...
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks like Billy is in the house too...the calvary has arrived !!
  20. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Dallas...post here @ 7pm EST to let me know you're OK...

It will give them a few minutes to make the changes...and me a chance to finish dinner !!