Browning BAR Rifle Accessories

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Here is the place to talk about any and all accessories for your Browning BAR Rifle.
  2. raamw

raamw .22LR

Is the Bar Type I and II mag s the same for the Mag

I may be buying another BAR typeII (post 79, pre 93) 300 Winchester Mag .
    I already have the sister BAR in 338 WM
    I was playing around with the 338 magazine and the 300 winchester mag cartridge fits perfectly in the 338 magazine. The specifications for both cartridges are nearly identical with the exception of the bullet diameter.
    . Before I start picking up some extra 300wm magazines has anyone use them interchangeably with their guns. Right now I can not see why they won't, wish I had the 300wm to find that out
  3. raamw

raamw .22LR

I did a little more research and the difference between the two is where the shoulder of the cartridge case contacts the wall of the mag, there is a difference in the shoulder dimensions between the them and the rounds, mag is designed to hold the cartridge in place so on recoil the cartridge doesn't move inside the mag possibly distorting the bullet tip, but they will work
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

thanks for the info Rammw, I'm sure this info will be very helpful to other BAR 338wm and 300wm owners.

BTK
  5. hugho

hugho Copper BB

Iron sights for MK II safari

I picked up a nice MKII .270 1996 model with no scope and no iron sights and tapped screws in the bbl and receiver. Can't find any iron sights new or used. anyone have any ideas on adding new or used sights to this rifle?
    Jerrdogg likes this.
  6. E350

E350 .22LR

Any suggestions for a magazine pouch for the 30-06/ 300 Win Mag magazines?
  7. Wayne Findley

Wayne Findley Copper BB

Can anyone tell me what size scope rings that they used on a BAR Mark 3? And what base was used to match?