Hello from northern Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by ssdeuces, Feb 24, 2022.

1. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Hello everyone! I just bought my first BLR PG in 243. Waiting on some reasonable weather to sight it in. Does anyone have pet loads for 243? I load so interested in best accuracy. I don't shoot beyond 300 yards since that's the longest range near me. This is not my first Browning, just my first BLR. a 358 and 223 are in my future.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ken
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Welcome to the Browning Owners website. There is a metric ton of information here.

Got any old A5s gathering dust?
  3. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

A couple of A5 barrels. One NIB smooth bore and a nearly new Hastings rifled. Both 12ga. Thanks for the welcome. I have lots of stuff for sale. Just waiting the time limit.
    Ken
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir.
  5. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Thanks. It seems a little slow here. Do many members stay active?
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well, lots of people stop by for info and then once they get it, you never hear from them again. We have our regular group, and one of us or all of us stay active. The main thing with us is the auto 5. The reloading stays pretty busy, as I try to keep it going. We just got a new section added. Hopefully, people will share their projects over there.
  7. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Oh, you can count on me being active. I might be able to help you a bit with reloading and accurizing
  8. Ranger6

good deal sir, it's all about sharing info and helping the next guy out in my mind.
  9. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Are you Army?
  10. Ranger6

I was for 15 years.
  11. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Thank you for serving. 8yrs Navy myself.
  12. Ranger6

Awesome. Thank you for your service. Not sure when you got out. I exited in 2005. It is way different now, should have stayed another 5 but got tired of baby sitting.
  13. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Separated in 79..I wanted to stay after making E7 so early but my wife had other ideas We divorced 5 yes later . Right before I graduated college
  14. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Curious to know if you've tried reloading 22lr or 22mags yet. I bought a kit and cast some projectiles but haven't found powder
  15. Ranger6

No sir, they use to be to cheap to reload, but may be worth it now. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work, if you can find components.
  16. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

I have all the components except powder. I'd like to send you a list of powders just in case you might bump into any. It's likely in Ma n Pa shop somewhere. Is that doable?
  17. Ranger6

Yes sir, I will keep an eye out. My local LGS hasn’t had powder in like a year.
  18. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

I know. I have pounds of components minus powder. Thankfully, load 222,223,243 that share. Low on pistol powders. My go to caliber for deer is 35 Remington. I'm well covered there.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  19. Ranger6

Not sure if your familiar with the pm but if you touch on any members icon you will see a tab that says start conversation. If you click on that and send a message it will show up in my inbox. I just sent you one. You can use that if you don’t want the whole forum to see it.
  20. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

I got a message from Browning that they are discontinuing all BLRs...have you seen it???