JMB Design and another genius’ gun

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Jul 24, 2021.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Picked these up last week. I’ve always wanted a humpback pump designed by the greatest gun inventor. So a couple weeks ago this 16 gauge Wards Model 30 was posted on 16ga.com for $185 shipped. I quickly snatched it up even though it’s a little rough. I shot a round of skeet with it and I quit taking score because I couldn’t hit shit with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I put my order in for #2 in January and I finally got the email that it shipped. It’s a service grade International Harvester M1 Garand from the CMP. The only other IH part on it is the op rod. Has a very nice Springfield Armory barrel with very little wear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rockher_man, KyBoB and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well, I’ll bet you can hit more clays with the M30 than you can with the M1…
    Ranger6 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Justin I think your answer for the M30 is screw in chokes. I’m gonna send off the 235 to a place called Skeeters. It’s in Oklahoma. It’s 75 a hole, which I think is pretty reasonable. Brileys charges 250 a hole, but comes with 3-5 chokes.
    Unless you have a cast or LOP issue, which both is a fixable problem.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Not sure about that. I bet I only hit two birds with it
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I may have to do that. But I’m pretty sure it doesn’t fit me at all
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sounds like a fit issue. As for chokes: “If you’re having a good day, chokes don’t matter. If you’re having a bad day, chokes won’t help.”
    KyBoB likes this.
  7. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Not sure about fit issue, as I have not seen the mount/ fit. If it don’t fit it will effect everything.
    As far as chokes, I’m gonna disagree. Chokes make all the difference. Now if you can’t shoot( which we know isn’t win7 problem) then a choke isn’t gonna matter.
    KyBoB likes this.
  8. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Win 7 Nice pieces both of them.
    The receiver image eject side on the ward 30 back end and stock wood fit up reminds me very much of the lines of the much later browning 2000 auto. Dare say that is where inspiration and shallower design lines came from down the track. JM was certainly way ahead of his time on all aspects.
    Gould brothers do neat trick exhibition video one of them. shooting round of skeet with a Garand
    Just rock up to next skeet night or 5 stand with that instead tell them your ready to go. ha

It just isn”t shooting where your looking. Will probably be a combo of ill fit and way too tight choke to be consistent at skeet. Visit to the mirror see where your eye is and to the pattern board be a start. Bet it’s choked one pellet behind the other.