1969 model Browning Challenger

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Jester560, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jester560

Jester560 Copper BB

Got this pistol for Christmas from my stepmother. It was given to her by the original owner in the mid 1980s. Pistol is 90%+. I would give it higher but it has had about 200 rounds put through over its life.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In the next pic what I thought was a scratch is shown. When I took the pistol apart for a bath, it came off. Bluing is 100% on the pistol. It has been kept in the factory rug it's entire life.[​IMG]

This pistol has one of the best factory triggers I have ever shot.
    I just wanted to share a 50 year old gem with you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. M2HB

M2HB Copper BB

Nice Challenger.

I have several. One of them I have put well over 250,000 rounds through. I used it so much that I had to refinish it in hard chrome to keep it looking good. I shoot it more than all my other firearms combined. May I suggest a trimmed down Buck Mark buffer in front of the recoil lug.
  3. Noturus

Noturus .410

My very first pistol was a Browning challenger, a gift from my future wife back in 1972. I loved the feel of the gun except for one thing, it had plastic grips and the left side was warped enough to pull away from the frame causing a physical distraction. I eventually traded it for a Ruger Mark IV and was no more happier. The Buck Mark series was much improved over the Challenger series for target shooting.
  4. Norske

Norske .410

My Challenger dates back to the mid 1960's ($65). I used it for collegiate bulls eye competition, but I bought a Medalist barrel ($37) for that purpose.