New Cynergy

Discussion in 'Browning Cynergy Shotgun' started by Kim, May 28, 2014.

1. Kim

Kim Copper BB

I have been searching for weeks for a Cynergy Sporting Euro with adjustable comb and 30" barrels. I knew exactly what I wanted and I know Browning made at least 1 because there is a picture of it in their catalog, but production of this particular model appears to be a myth so I settled for one without the adjustable comb. According to the tracking number it should be here tomorrow.
    It seems that the looks of the Euro stock is much maligned but I find it very attractive and all of the propaganda I have read suggest that Browning got the ergonomics right. I figured that I could always send the stock to Keith Hedge Stockworks and have a comb fitted if it really needed one so I went ahead and ordered the one without the adj. comb.
    I used to shoot skeet with a Citori that drove me nuts every time it wouldn't set the trigger for the second shot and I would have to give the butt a good smack to set the trigger on tube number 2, that didn't do any good for the score sheet either so I sent that gun down the road and replaced it with a Winchester 101. I never could hit anything with the 101 and eventually drifted away from shooting clays altogether.
    15 years later,(a few weeks ago) a couple of buddies talked me into going over to Tampa Bays Sporting Clays with them and I had a blast. (Pardon the Pun) Next thing you know I'm shopping for shotguns again. After a little research I found that Browning had designed a mechanical trigger and put it in the (new to me) Cynergy. They are also are putting a mechanical trigger in the Citori 725 as well. I almost bought the 725 but the looks of that sexy Cynergy haunted me.
    I'm as anxious as a teenager on his first date waiting for the new shotgun to arrive. I have already made plans to take off work early tomorrow and give it a workout.
    I'll report back in and let you know how it goes.

Kim
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Congrats Kim...make sure you post a range report here when you're done cleaning the new Cynergy !!
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Kim, did the cynergy finally makes it's way home to you? Hope all went well.

BTK
  4. Kim

Kim Copper BB

Yes BTK, it made it here but the weather hasn't been cooperating this weekend for a trial run at the clays coarse, but I did make it out to the field with a couple of buddy's and a clay thrower. I am really rusty but I did bust my fair share. The Cynergy arrived very stiff. I did some looking around on the internet and found a post on how to adjust that, which I did, now I can open her up with only one hand instead of having a couple other guys help me ( a little exaggeration but it was way stiff). The bluing is flawless and the wood is very nice but not nearly as nice as the Maple stock on yours. I put on the canted trigger in the forward position and installed the stock spacer with the short pad that came with the Cynergy. That put the length of pull about right but I could use a little more drop at comb, it's not terrible but it needs just a little. The Cynergy come with no cast and I figured I might need to have an adjustable comb installed but it seems to line up where it is supposed to. After this weather we've been having here in Florida passes I'll get over to "Tampa Bay Sporting Clays" and give her a run. I'll let you know what happens.

Kim
  5. Billythekid

thanks for the update, just curious what was the technique you found on how to loosen the cynergy up?
  6. Kim

Kim Copper BB

Here is a link to the original post: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79269

Here is the body of the post:

"Read the whole paragraph before starting.
    Your Cynergy is adjustable, you can free it up NOW and snug it back later. Remove forearm, notice that there are 2 allen screws ( all screws use METRIC allen keys) that hold the iron into the forearm. You can verify which ones by noticing the screws ends on the finished side. You will also notice a small set screw at the forearm latch. Remove the forearm from the arm by removing the 2 allen bolts. Turn the iron over and you will see a large allen screw that is locked by that small allen set screw. Loosen the set screw and then loosen the large screw just an eeensy bit. EEEEnsy = about an 1/8 inch at the end of the allen wrench that you are using. reassemble everything , but leave the little set screw loose. Is the tightness gone? Tighten the set screw. If not as you like it, repeat adjustment. If it got tighter, go the other way! After you get it right, take out the 2 allen bolts and apply some purple or blue Loctite.
    Have fun and enjoy your Cynergy. I have adjusted both of mine this way and what a difference. No need to fuss with any springs."

Just to clarify, you will need a 2.5mm allen to remove the iron from the wood, a 1.5mm allen head to loosen the set screw (you can also see this screw before you remove the iron) and a 5mm allen to adjust the actual tension (this is the one that is hidden by the forearm wood). I originally looked in the wrong spot, by the hinges instead of by the latch in the middle,
  7. Billythekid

Thanks Kim, I will give it a go adjusting my cynergy this weekend.
  8. Kim

Kim Copper BB

BTK, did you get the adjustment done?

I also found a post on how to disconnect the ejectors and turn them into extractors. This only takes about five minutes to switch over.

I went to the range Saturday and shot a 44 which I was very pleased with having not shot in so many years. The Cynergy pointed naturally and had beautiful triggers. The Inflex recoil system may look different but boy, does it really work well! I am glad I held out for the Cynergy. It got a bit of attention while I was at the range. It has been over 10 years since the introduction but a lot of guys there ask about it and weren't familiar with it at all. I guess it is one of the best kept secrets in the shooting world.
  9. Billythekid

Hey Kim, haven't had a chance to do the adjustment yet. Spent the past weekend tinkering with the bow. Yes I agree the cynergy does point very smoothly and the trigger pull works great for me. Will give you a report back on how adjusting the cynergy went hopefully in the next couple of days.
  10. frank Skedel

frank Skedel Copper BB

I have the exact Cynergy you looked for : Cynergy Sporting Euro with adjustable comb and 30" barrels. has 8 Diana Grade Gold tubes as well. Perfect condition....let me know if anyone is in need of this great O/U. Frank member

I have the exact Cynergy you looked for : Cynergy Sporting Euro with adjustable comb and 30" barrels. has 8 Diana Grade Gold tubes as well. Perfect condition....let me know if anyone is in need of this great O/U. Frank...member