Cynergy VS Citori

Discussion in 'Browning Cynergy Shotgun' started by Budzo100, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

I currently own a Citori 325. And I'm looking at purchasing a Cynergy. Can anyone tell me the difference of the two shotguns, and what the like and dislike about these two??

Thanks.

Budzo
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The Citori is old school. All but the 725 have inertial triggers. The Cynergy has a unique hinge to make it more compact and uses mechanical triggers. Unfortunately, Browning debuted the gun with a ridiculous looking recoil pad that shooters in the U.S. hated. By the time they changed to a normal pad, the interest was gone. Now the 725 is at the top of the heap.

I have a 20 gauge Cynergy and like it a lot. The 12 gauge versions can be had for a lot less than the 725. Try them both, buy the one you shoot better.
    [​IMG]
  3. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

Well I bought the Cynergy, and I should have done more research. The Citori is a 50/50 POI gun, and the Cynergy is a 60/40 gun. So much for just picking it up and going hunting with it, and expect it to drop birds like my Citori. Two totally different POI. Ugh.
  4. 284fan

284fan Copper BB

10% shouldn't be that much different. I've killed a truckload of birds with 12 and 20 ga Cynergy shotguns as-well-as a 20 ga Citori. I like them both but the Cynergy Sporting looks way cooler!
  5. Michael Munchel

Michael Munchel Copper BB

it wouldn't be if they were truly 60/40 I just got the Cynergy cx composite it is more like 95/5. My only complaint is that I can not get spacers and the long recoil inflex pad for it to drop poi. Browning is telling me we don't have a clue when we will get the parts. I ordered them in October still nothing and same answers from them. it is pretty ridiculous
  6. Budzo100

Budzo100 .410

I don't mind the look of the gun, for me anyway. But as for the POI, this is a bit of a pain in the butt.

I was hoping for a closer POI to my 325 for sure. I guess it'll just use it on birds only and the odd game of trap. Or sell it and get a 725 in the future. I like the fit of the Cynergy. It POI is a big deal for me. I did however. Installed a Turkey front site.. Which in my peripheral, does move the muzzle down lower by fooling the eyes thinking that the muzzle is lower.