Screwed up A-Bolt

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Hairtrigger, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

I purchased a Set Trigger for my Abolt Eclipse. I had to remove wood to get the action back into the stock.... I know nothing about doing this but I did it!
    Now the accuracy has gone away.... I am positive a bedding job will bring the accuracy back
    Any gunsmith suggestions?
  2. danmac

danmac Copper BB

Sorry for the late reply. I have not been on in a while. Sometimes it's as simple as tightening your action screws
    either more or less. It plays a big part in the accuracy department. It should not need to be bedded if it was shooting
    on mark before you took the action out of the stock. Loosen your action screws and make sure the action is seated well and
    then snug your screws down a little at a time. Check your accuracy after each amount of tightening. I've seen it make a big
    difference in how well they shoot. Both of my X-Bolts shoot sub MOA without any type of mods.

Hope this helps.
  3. Before you tighten the action screws, make sure the rifle is unloaded, and bump the recoil pad on the ground a few times. This will make sure the action is seated against the bedding surface in the stock. Then tighten the front action screw first then the second(rear). If you have a inch pound torque wrench, start with 45 in pounds shoot then increase by 5 inch pounds to see if the groups get better or not. 65inch pounds is the max.