SIG SAUER

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Apr 24, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Global Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

Let's see 'em...
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Here's a pic of my favorite 9mm...a SIG SAUER P226...made in West Germany in 1988. I just swapped out the original recoil and firing pin springs with a Wollf 15lb (factory standard) package.

The P226 was designed for entry into the XM9 Service Pistol Trials (Joint Service Small Arms Program), which were held by the US Army in 1984 on behalf of the US armed forces to find a replacement for the M1911A1. Only the Beretta 92F and the SIG P226 satisfactorily completed the trials. According to a GAO report, Beretta was awarded the M9 contract for the 92F due to better durability during endurance testing and a lower total package price. The P226 cost less per pistol than the 92F, but SIG's package price with magazines and spare parts was higher than Beretta's. The Navy SEALs, however, chose to adopt the P226 later.

SIG P226

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rob poston likes this.
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

My Pop's EDC...

SIG P226 (made in Germany)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I walked in to my LGS to have my first SIG ordered last year and that's when the SCAR 16s jumped off the wall and into my arms. Alas no SIG in my life yet, but there's a P220 Elite Stainless in my future...

[​IMG]

This photo keeps me awake at night...
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Just picked up my P220 Elite Stainless. Ain't she a beauty!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pistol feels amazing and fits my hand like a glove. I'm really looking forward to heat'n it up this weekend.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Took her out this morning for a first run. It was 25 degrees outside and I could barely feel my fingers. Didn't get more than 50 rounds through it before I called it quits, but I was VERY impressed with the pistol. It shoots incredibly smoothe and was dead nuts on target. Here's one of my better groups at 25yds...

[​IMG]

Looks like she's a keeper!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice SIG and some wicked good shootin' SNIPER !!
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir.
  9. Charlieb68

Charlieb68 .22LR

Sig makes some fine weapons. My Sig Sport chambered in 357sig is my favorite range gun. I purchased a regular slide assembly and 357sig barrel so I can utilize it as my everyday CCW, it's dang heavy so it does require a good carry holster and belt.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Let's see some pictures Charlieb68...!!
  11. Charlieb68

Charlieb68 .22LR

[​IMG]

With the normal slide with 357sig barrel, note the other complete normal slide has a 40SW Barrel, and the extra 9mm barsto barrel below. Sport slide is also barreled with 357sig.

[​IMG]
    With Sport slide installed

[​IMG]

Last one is my 2 tone P226 with E2 grips, also have a 40SW barrel and a 9mm Slide and barrel for this one.

I was wondering how long someone was going to let me post words before they politely asked me to post- up or shut-up..

Sometimes I just need to be motivated to get the camera out.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

:D ... that's why I'm here !!
  13. Charlieb68

Charlieb68 .22LR

Sounds like my kind of job! Have a good one!
  14. hudson

hudson .410

uploadfromtaptalk1423362126605.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks like we have a SIG fan here...care to share which models we are looking at Hudson...?!
  16. hudson

hudson .410

Left to right
    1911 scorpion carry in 45 acp
    229 Elite scorpion 9mm
    P229 9mm with Hogue grips and ext mag

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Nice collection...

I'm still looking at the P227...the TAC model in particular...because I'm also planning to get a SIG "can" (suppressor) for it.
  18. hudson

hudson .410

Ya a suppressor would be killer

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

20. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Sorry about the crappy pics... my cell phone camera is busted, so had to go "selfie" mode. ;-)

I was going to post pics of the rest of my Sigs (P226, P226MK25, P238, 1911, P227, and P229), but frankly, these pics were a pain in the butt, so I gave up!
    I used to have a (Blaser action) Tac2 in a .338Lapua. I miss that thing... never should have sold it.

Sig Sauer 1911-22. Sweetheart of a shooter. I have no idea why they ever discontinued it, other than cost.
    20171116_060216.jpg

Sig Sauer SP2022. I wanted to be sure to upload this one, because there is no reason not to own a Sig, with the 2022. The biggest feedback against Sigs is the cost. These SA/DA handguns are available in a 9mm as well as a .40S&W, features a decocker, and is modeled after the P226. The takedown is almost identical to the P226, only you remove the slide release instead of rotating it. Unlike the P226, the SP2022 has a polymer frame, with steel slide guides. Fantastic little shooter, and can be found (new) for as little as $429.99 (and sometimes $399.99, on sale). That price includes a hard case, two magazines, extra backstrap (slightly larger), and level one holster. The 9mm holds 16+1.

*calibers: 9X19mm, .40S&W
    *Accuracy: Very tight groupings!
    *Reliability: It's a Sig.
    *Pros: Affordable Sig Sauer model. Lightweight. Very accurate and reliable. 6 parts to strip (slide, frame, slide release, barrel, guide rod, and spring).
    Stripable, rebuildable magazine.
    *Cons: Plastic guide rod. Magazines are... well, Sig priced, and availability is not as common as other model handguns. They will NOT interchange with the P226.

If you shy away from a single-action trigger, there are DAO versions, as well
    And if you live in California.... move!
    Now go get one! ;-)
    20171116_060525.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017