Inflex recoil pad.

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by DaveR, Oct 3, 2017.

1. DaveR

DaveR .22LR

Could anyone tell me how well the recoil pad on a. 308 hunter works. I have been advised against such a caliber with a sporter barrel, so I thought I would ask someone who has one.
    Regards
    Dave
  2. Wren1911

Wren1911 .22LR

I had a x-bolt hunter in .270,now have a hells canyon in .308.The stock inflex recoil pad works great.What are you planning on using the rifle for?
  3. DaveR

DaveR .22LR

Thanks for your reply Wren. Mainly for feral with a bit of range work thrown in for fun. But mind you it won't be my main gun.
    I have had a look at the varmint rifles, but I really like the look of the Hunter rifles.
    Dave
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. I have a x-bolt 308 and it is a pleasure to shoot ,very little felt recoil.
  5. DaveR

DaveR .22LR

Thanks Billy for your input in this thread. It helps in the decision making.
    Cheers
    Dave
  6. Joel

Joel Copper BB

I was impressed with the cushioning on my 300 win mag stalker. Would not be worried to get behind a .308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. DaveR

DaveR .22LR

T
    Thanks Joel for your feedback.
  8. It is one of the single best recoil pads on the market.
  9. DaveR

DaveR .22LR

Thanks Dave for your input.
    When the time comes a .308 x-bolt Hunter will be mine.
  10. I think the X Bolt Hunter Barrel profile is easily one of the best. .308 is currently the single most popular cartridge in every gun store I go into or talk to on the telephone. One thing, their stock barrel is made on some of the world’s finest machinery. Also the small amount of glass bedding is done in exactly the right place, and the barrel floating is awesome. TheWinchester Super Grade Model 70 is done about the same way but a huge hammer forge is used to build the barrel. So here is a relatively modest priced rifle with world class production material and techniques. Some thing this button barrel is always the best. Add the satin finish Hunter stock? Frankly if all of my rifles were that it would result in a fleet of excellent shooter that really hold up.

If the Browning White Gold Medalion came with a satin finish stock like the Hunter with that upgraded Walnut? Wow!
    Just why Browning has clung on several models to such a high gloss finish is a mystery. For one thing the craftsmen and women building them do not hunt! If I were Browning in Morgan Utah I would do far more of my wooden stocks with satin finish. On Maple, High Gloss shows the grain well just like it does on satin finish. But put it on Walnut, and the wood grain becomes lost in the glare. All in all the X Bolt is darn near perfect. The Hunter though for often less money is a better look and function in the field. A hand rubbed oil finish would be perhaps better after years of use than anything but Laminate. Satin finish in say ten years of use is easier to maintain.
    Last edited: May 2, 2018