Scope Mount

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by The Happy kaboomer, Mar 19, 2014.

1. The Happy kaboomer

The Happy kaboomer Copper BB

Does anyone make a scope mount for my SA-22 that screws to the barrel and spans the rear sight. I know Weaver makes the #60a but it seem too short to mount a regular scope on. I'd really rather not remove the rear sight on my old Belgian.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry...can't help you with that problem....but rest assured some member here will soon be able to help. Stay tuned !!
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Rob poston likes this.
  4. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Copper BB

The Leupold base still needs some milling to clear the sight. Lots of reports of Dremeling the underside for clearance. I just purchased an SA-22 and, after much research, went with the Browning version. Two things came up in mu research: the aforementioned clearance issue and reports are that the Leupold mount sits further forward, making proper eye relief with (funny enough) the Leupold rimfire scopes tough to achieve.

I mounted a VX-1 2-7x28 with Browning rings and base and love it. Used a brass punch to tap the rear sight out and it drifted out really nice. I couldn't be happier.
  5. GaryO

GaryO Copper BB

Did you use low or medium height rings?
  6. dv808

dv808 Copper BB

I believe the Browning rimfire rings are only available in one height.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
  7. GaryO

GaryO Copper BB

I was thinking about Talley rings (low).....