Finding a BAR

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by WisconsinJeff, Mar 14, 2016.

1. WisconsinJeff

WisconsinJeff Copper BB

Hoping the community can help me out, long time hunter, but have only bought two guns in my life and to be honest didn't give a ton of thought to either of them.

After researching for a long time, I've determined a Browning BAR 7mm-08 is my preferred new rifle/caliber. Planning to get many many good years out of it. The problem is I'm left handed.

It seems the old Browning BAR Shortrac are no longer being produced, and the new MK3 doesn't seem to have been released. Does anyone know where I could go to get either the Shortrac or MK3 in this caliber? Is the MK3 going to be shipping this summer? Found a few used one online, but they are right handed, and I'd prefer new.

Thanks for the help
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Jeff !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
    WisconsinJeff likes this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as finding a left handed rifle...I will defer to the lefties here on the forum.
    WisconsinJeff likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason .22LR

I wonder if he found one?
  5. Jason

Jason .22LR

Today I ordered the BAR MK3 (in 7mm-08) from Gander Mountain for $1199. It is back ordered and expected delivery date is mid-June 2017. So, they are out there but most places are sold out and you will need to order them and be prepared to wait since they are on backorder.

Hope this help,
    Jason