Browning 1911-380 Handgun Reviews

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Billythekid, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TRR

TRR .22LR

Has anybody found any aftermarket sights for the 1911-380?
  2. TRR

TRR .22LR

Hickock45 posted his YouTube review of the 1911/380:

3. Tram

Tram Copper BB

Emailed Browning and got this response. (btw Trijicon is the manufacture of the night sights for this pistol)

Hello,

Thank you for the email. All the night sights that are available at this time, are going directly to the guns being produced. It is possible the night sights might be available later this year through our parts department. If you would like to contact them for additional information, please call them directly at 800-322-4626 ext 1.
  4. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Copper BB

I picked myself up a Black Label a couple weeks ago. Finally got a chance to get t the range and break it in. I ran 120 rounds through it with zero problems to report. I had be me a little skeptical after reading some of the reports on this forum and almost passed on the gun. Glad I ended up getting it. Very easy on the shooter and a fun gun to shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. wchancey

wchancey .22LR

I had a 1911-380 Pro 4.25 , on order and it came in yesterday , along with the two extra mags.
    First impression was that it felt very small compared to my other 1911's , I started going through my drawer full of holsters and had nothing that fitted it well.
    Did notice that I had put marks on the slide from trying all the plastic / kydex holsters , not scratches in the metal just marks that I can not rub out.
    Needless to say I am disappointed in the finish of the slide.
    I loaded up all four mags and went out to my range today.
    Happy to report , I know it was only 32 rounds but all loaded and fired flawlessly , the mags were not drop free and we're a little tight getting in , but it my have something to do with the mag release button , if they don't loosen up after a bit , I'll work on the mag release.
    I liked the way it shot , I didn't do great but I was standing in snow up to my knees. I will get out and shoot more this weekend , hope to get an IWB holster soon and maybe carry it a bit , right now my EDC switches between a Sig P238 and M&P Shield.
    I hope this gun turns out to be worth the $750 I have into it.
  6. Tram

Tram Copper BB

I actually sent my 1911-380 pro 4.25 with rail to Blueguns and had a mold made for it. They then sent the molds over to Crossbreed holster and my firearm where they made me both OWB & IWB holsters. CrossBreed didn't have the mold for it so I helped them out.
  7. Mark Brent

Mark Brent Copper BB

[QUOTE="wchancey, a 1911-380 Pro 4.25 , on order and it came in yesterday , along with the two extra mags.
    First impression was that it felt very small compared to my other 1911's , I started going through my drawer full of holsters and had nothing that fitted it well.
    Did notice that I had put marks on the slide from trying all the plastic / kydex holsters marks that I can not rub out.
    Needless to say I am disappointed in the finish of the slide.
    I loaded up all four mags and went out to my range today.
    Happy to report , I know it was only 32 rounds but all loaded and fired flawlessly , the mags were not drop free and we're a little tight getting in , but it my have something to do with the mag release button , if they don't loosen up after a bit , I'll work on the mag release.
    I liked the way it shot , I didn't do great but I was standing in snow up to my knees. I will get out and shoot more this weekend , hope to get an IWB holster soon and maybe carry it a bit , right now my EDC switches between a Sig P238 and M&P Shield.
    I hope this gun turns out to be worth the $750 I have into it.[/QUOTE]
    New
  8. Mark Brent

Mark Brent Copper BB

New member, just picked up my 1911 380 compact, fits perfect in Sig p238 open end holster
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Post a picture if you can here Mark...
  10. Mark Brent

Mark Brent Copper BB

Winthrop OWB holster for Sig P238, $35 ebay, fits just right, funny Sig is actually wider at breach. Tried to upload photo but says file is to large?
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

MARK:

Use a FREE image repository like Photo Bucket, Flickr, or IMGUR...

Upload your image to any site above...Edit it anyway you want...Resize it to no larger than 600x600 pixels...Save and Download to any forum.

EASY...
  12. Mark Brent

Mark Brent Copper BB

Why cant you just upload photo?
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

YOU said it was "too large"...I offered a solution.

Hey...do it in MS Paint if you want...whatever is available to you.
  14. Mark Brent

Mark Brent Copper BB

FYI Desantis softuc iwb holster works, any open ended muzzle design for P238 seems to work well.
  15. Toakey

Toakey .22LR

Time to fess-up! Last week I traded my Beretta Cheetah in on a Browning 1911-380. It is the Black Label Pro, 3 dot. I didn't perform due dilligence because I own the Browning 1911-22 and it has been flawless. I assumed the 380 would be just as good a gun so I didn't bother researching it on line. Well between last week's purchase and yesterday's range trip I did some research. Lo and behold, there were a lot of reports of feeding issues resulting in the gun being sent back to mfg.

A popular theme is that the lips on the magazines were too far apart and owners were closing the gap with pliers. I measured mine and sure enough, I had the wide gap that on-line pundits said needed to be closed up. Well I didn't change anything. I figured it's best to see what the gun will do as purchased. I just cleaned the gun and waited till yesterday.

With a racing heart and crossed fingers I loaded my mags (yes two mags come with the gun) and lined up the sights. Eight shots later, when the smoke cleared, my heart stopped racing and a smile broke out on my face. But eight rounds doesn't tell the story, so I shot 89 more. Happy to say, after 97 rounds, the smile was still on my face. The only failure was a last round stove pipe half way through the session. And I'm pretty sure my attention strayed and my grip may have loosened.

I'm a happy camper. I've always maintained that the thought of carrying a single action pistol, cocked and locked, made me squeamish. But I think I may just get a good holster and try carrying this bad boy around for awhile.
  16. Texas-Mark

Texas-Mark .22LR

Glad yours is working without messing with the feed lips. The issue may be partly ammo related and why some folks have no problems and others do. But if you find rounds starting to pop out of the mag, or you stat getting those nose up jams, you know how to fix it. I personally have not had a single feed issue after adjusting the feed lips, were I had nothing but problems before.
    Toakey likes this.