Cross bolt safety?

Discussion in 'Browning BPS Shotgun' started by Doug, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Doug

Doug Copper BB

Is there any way to retrofit a cross bolt safety to the trigger guard like the Auto 5's have?
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

I think you are asking the impossible here. The BPS safety is top mounted, as well as having bottom ejection, which would appeal to both lefties or righties.
  3. W.A. Looker

W.A. Looker Copper BB

I just had to repair my tang safety, When the gun would go off the safety would return to safe and then no second shot. Browning would not sell me the parts. I just went in and stretched the spring because I coudn't adjust the screw in the nut. I am a Remington guy so I am quite used to the trigger guard safety, and I have never seen one fail.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

5. W.A. Looker

W.A. Looker Copper BB

Yeah, my comment wasn't to demean the BPS, but rather to hilight something that can go wrong with a tang safety. The gun itself is good to go, we shall see Sat morning if it kills dux or leaves me without a second shot. Folks badmouth the crossbolt safety, but it's like anything else. Once you get used to it, it becomes natural. I have 5 Remington firearms and 1 Browning with the crossbolt and I have not seen one fail yet on my stuff or anyone elses. I will try MGW, it's on the radar, as my repair probably is gonna need new parts anyhow. So, Thanks for the input Sir!
    SHOOTER13 and Rudolph31 like this.