Yellowing stock at receiver end bottom

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Capt. Cam, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Capt. Cam

Capt. Cam Copper BB

20161129_142419a.jpg 20161129_142419a.jpg 20161129_142732a.jpg 20161129_142419a.jpg 20161129_142732a.jpg 20161129_142748a.jpg This is the first season that I have had this Maxus in the rain a number of times and the stock is turning yellow at the receiver end. Is this a common issue with these or is this something new? See pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Did you clean and lube the firearm before going out...!?

Do you store the gun standing up in a safe...!?

In other words...could it be excess oil running from the action / trigger into that area...

Or...Could it be from your tanned deerskin gloves....!?

If no gloves...oils from your skin maybe ??
  4. Capt. Cam

Capt. Cam Copper BB

No to all above. With the exception of water from rain getting into the gun and water running out of it when picked up to shoot. So maybe some oil that this rain water washing out of the gun. But it hasn't been cleaned for months and has only maybe a 100 rounds this season.
  5. Capt. Cam

Capt. Cam Copper BB

I have owned and shot this Maxus for 3 or 4 seasons now without any issues but now with the first rain it has ever been in it start turning yellow. It has to be something from the rain water getting into and running out of the gun.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. Capt. Cam

Capt. Cam Copper BB

This has to be a known issue with this gun with this camo pattern MOSGB. This cannot be a issue only with this gun.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Bingo...
  8. BWilson

BWilson Copper BB

Mine did the same thing over time, it's a combination of oil from the gun and residue from your hands over the years, mine is starting to due on the fore grip also
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I would venture to guess that is is gun oil.