1911?

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by RossA, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RossA

RossA Copper BB

OK, this isn't the right forum for this, but I don't see another forum that looks like a better place.
    The Browning name is synonymous with the 1911, so why doesn't Browning make a 1911?
    Seems like a perfect fit. Everyone else makes them. I'll bet the 1911 world would jump all over one with the Browning name on it.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I can't speak for others, but for me a 1911 isn't really a 1911 unless it's made by Colt. JMB's designs were always made by other companies, those branded BrowninG mostly by FN. So to me, an Auto-5 isn't really one unless it was made in Belgium. Ditto for the Hi Power. Today, Brownings are made by Miruko in Japan. I'm sure a Japanese 1911 would be a fine gun -- we love our Toyota, but I wouldn't be interested, regardless of the name on the slide.
    [​IMG]
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. RossA

RossA Copper BB

True about the Colt connection to the 1911. However, since there are dozens of companies making 1911's today, and with all of the Browning fans out there, it just seems to me like a natural.
    I guess not, or the Browning folks would have been doing it already.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well, they make a .22 and a .380 1911. All I read about is problems with them, though.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

No posting pics and driving Rudolph... :rolleyes:
    Rudolph31 likes this.