Rejoining The Hi Power Clan

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by pendennis, Feb 4, 2016.

1. pendennis

pendennis .22LR

After selling off a couple of Hi Powers in .40 S&W, and developing a liking for the 9mm Parabellum, I accumulated several 9mm pistols, heavily toward the 1911 side of the platform.

Last week, at the range, one of my friends asked me if I'd like to try out his Israeli Police Hi Power. Although it was challenged finish-wise, it was a great shooter. I decided there and then, to look into buying a Hi Power for myself.

I found one at a LGS. This one is a Practical model, and was produced in 2000. I came with the box, two 10-round magazines, and the instruction booklet. The condition on the outside is as close to 100% as possible. Inside, there was only dirt from long-time storage. It was easily removed, and I took it to a local indoor range. There were no impact marks on the breech face, and the magazines had no marks at all.

I loaded up a combination of factory Hardball, and HP's. It fed everything perfectly, and not a single failure anywhere. I shot it along with my Colt Government Model in 9mm, and the only appreciable difference is a bit more flip at the muzzle. However, the pistol shot just a tad high @ 10 yards, and spot on @ 25 yards.

I examined it closely at home while giving it a more thorough soaking and cleaning, and this pistol has been stored mostly. I ordered a set of checkered wood stocks made of rosewood. The nylon stocks are functional, but I love the feel of real wood.

This one is definitely a keeper.

Great to be here!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice...
  3. Very nice!
    Steve
  4. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

That is a pretty one! I never had much money back in 2000 although these things weren't cheap then. I recall a gun store had a practical for about $650.00 I bought one on GB last summer for $750.00. I feel I was "making up" for missing out in 2005 and I was in the same price range. :)