Sporting 725 and Citori stocks breaking

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by mike toledano, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mike toledano

mike toledano Copper BB

I bought a new Sporting 725 August 2015 and shot skeet with it for about three months. Maybe 40 boxes of target loads through it. Then the stock cracked, rendering it unusable. Had to wait until Jan 2016 to send it in for repairs due to other committments. Browning told me they were very busy and not to expect it back for three months - about as long as i've used it.

Since then i've met four other owners of Browning o/u's - three with 725's and one with a Citori - who had stock crackiing problems. All were less than a year old and all had to be returned for service. One got his back in three weeks, the others in three months. And this is just at my local skeet and trap club.

Anybody else out there have stock issues with their new Browning o/u?

i
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

My 725 stocks are holding up fine. They still look brand new. My problem is the finish in the metal. The receiver, forestock release tang, trigger hoop, and action latch, all have devoloped a bad discoloring. Also, the breech block and end of the barrel (where there is no bluing) looks like it has a very light surface rust on it that will not come off. This does not affect the performance of the gun, as it shoots fantastic, but still frustrating to see this happen just a few short months after buying it. I might send it to Browning to see what they do about it, but for now I can't tear myself away from it long enough to let them have it for a 3 month repair.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Mike !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the Forum.